• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lillian bun - update

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Hi all. I know that those of you following, would like to have an update on Lillian so here is the latest. It's saturday - so 3 days after the hasty visit to the vet. Firstly, I am wary about posting in too confident a way because I know rabbits can go up and down very quickly. So I am a tad restrained here. This morning Lillian was up and sitting in a confident pose - bathing a little in the warm morning sunshine. She had shown positive interest in food and had munched through some chopped up carrot and the best dark green bits of cabbage as well as her dried food. So from an eating point of view, she appears to be presenting as though she is having a return to her appetite. But like us humans, when your not well, appetites return slowly. But at least she is eating. The better positive is that her poop is considerably better - not that I'm a poop expert. For those who are, her poop is much more solid, pellet shaped and has fibre in it and doesn't yet appear to show any signs of mucus which I know is associated with worms. But the fact her poop is more traditional healthy rabbit poop is good, despite the meds she is on, which I thought would result in a looser pooh. My wife also saw her after a few days away and said she was looking much better, so having someone say that after not seeing her for a few days is also good. Lillians eyes are not quite the empty saucers they seemed to be and she doesn't appear quite so uncomfortable and boney. It's unlikley she has put on that much weight in 72 hours but she's also not loosing any or appearing to get any worse. Again, all positives as far as I can tell. She is eating more frequently and has been for a short exploration outside before deciding indoors is warmer! Slow steps for what is an unknown with her, and given the trauma she's had in her young life so far, then hopefully she is on the mend and small signs of improvement daily are what we want to see from her. She's sort of lost a bit of trust in me - understandable since I'm picking her up and giving her meds which she's not keen on, so after slowly building up trust over the last 4 months, I'm back to square one but that's a small price to pay for her health improving. I'll update you all in a few days time and try to post some images too. I thank each and every one of you who followed this thread the last few days and on behalf of Lillian, thank you for the get well vibes which are clearly working in a positive way. Thank you all - Craig:love:

Good news :thumb: Keep it up Lillian. I hope you also managed all of your other tasks without much problem, Craig.

Really pleased to read that Lillian seems to be improving, although I can understand your wanting to be cautious as we can never take things for granted with our buns. It's just so difficult when you can't pinpoint what's exactly wrong.

She might surprise you in terms of trust issues. One of my buns suffered a severe bout of gut stasis late last year and needed a lot of hands on nursing, which she hated. It had taken me months to gain her trust, although I felt she still kept her guard up around me. I was also convinced we would end up back at square one. But to my surprise, once she was better she finally let her guard down with me. I think on some level they do understand that we're trying to help them. I'm sure Lillian will understand that too.

Continuing vibes being sent for her xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back