• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay!!

Haggis

Warren Scout
Just a wee question about hay for Lynda if poss.......

I know you said that you buy in bales of hay for your buns (& no wonder with the amount you have :lol: )
but was just wondering are they very big? would like to get one as the bags dont last long with 2 buns around! but think we might have a storage problem if they are huge.
Is it possible to get smallish bales?

How does everyone else cope?????? :p

hi,
i buy in bale cause at the mo i have 13 rabbits and can increase and this lasts me and coulple of months or so, they stand about 3 ft hight, 2ft wide and about 18" in depth, mine are stoured in the shed with my rabbits with a big sheet over so it dont attract mice
hope this helps
becky

hmmmmmmmm, Becky's got the size about right. If you're going to store it in the house, maybe you could get one of those big black bins to store it in and tuck it in a corner somewhere, or if you've got room in any of your cupboards, an old single duvet cover would keep it together. Another thought if it's being kept in the house is a linen/blanket box (or two), then it wouldn't look out of place. I haven't heard of anyone selling half bales, is there any other bun people nearby you could share it with?

Back