• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ted's been admitted to vets this morning 10 Feb - We've had a little buzz

martlou

Warren Veteran
It was a year to the day yesterday since the start of Ted's last stasis episode and I just could not believe it when I got up and he didn't touch his breakfast. Took him to the vet, had the usual drugs, actually picked up really well yesterday and was eating quite a bit. Meds again at 7.30pm and as he was so much better we went out with a friend which we'd arranged weeks ago. Bedtime he was a bit quiet, checked him a couple of times in the night and just bunloafed, not moving. Took him straight back this morning and he's been admitted for xrays, fluids and glucose test. Waiting for vet to ring with xray results and update on how he's doing. We're so sad, he's been so well this year and we were starting to feel more confident that we'd sorted his problems out. He's 9.5 now and seems really fragile when he's not well. Vibes for our precious little Teddy please.

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for your precious buzzy Ted. I hope that he gets better soon.

Just spoken to vet, can't see anything to be too concerned about on the xray but he did say there was a loop of intestine he wanted to recheck. He's on fluids and has eaten a bit of parsley. His glucose level is sky high though at 74 when anything over 20 indicates a potential issue (and after reading an FHB paper I'm wondering if I misheard as that is off the scale). Will be speaking to vet again in a few hours.

Oh no, sending healing vibes, hope everything gets resolved quickly. Keep us updated, does sound like quite a high reading but i'm sure its either just an error or something that they can begin to treat now they know xx

Sending vibes to Ted for a speedy recovery and hopes that this issue is easily resolved. xxxxx

Thanks all, I had misheard the vet when he told me his glucose level, he said 24 not 74 although that is still very high. He's retested at 7.5 now and his temperature has come up from 36 to 38 which is now normal. They've let us bring him home as apparently he's eaten some parsley and hay for himself. He's just sat in his litter tray at the moment doing nothing, but then we have only been home 10 minutes. I've put some fresh parsley, coriander, dill and mint down for him, he had a sniff but hasn't shown any more interest just yet. My heart always sinks when that happens but I also know this happened last time and it was a bit of a rollercoaster, I'm hoping we just need to be patient. We got a new bale of hay this week and they've both been munching that enthusiastically so I've put plenty in for him and hopefully he'll be tempted by it very soon. Thanks for all your vibes, much appreciated as always. Meds due at 10.15pm.

Back