• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow is being spayed this morning

Glingle

Warren Veteran
Just dropped Willow off at the vets to be spayed. I know it's necessary and that she's in good hands, but I can't settle until I know it's gone okay. She was sat eating hay in her carrier two minutes after being handled by the nurse to be weighed, so she wasn't too stressed! The nurse commented on how soft her fur was and how pretty she was too. No point to this post - just distracting myself really.

Sending lots of vibes for little Willow. I hope everything goes well and that she can soon come home to you. Also sending you hugs as I can imagine you must be anxious.

Lots of vibes for a successful spay & recovery for your wee girl. When do you get an update?

Just dropped Willow off at the vets to be spayed. I know it's necessary and that she's in good hands, but I can't settle until I know it's gone okay. She was sat eating hay in her carrier two minutes after being handled by the nurse to be weighed, so she wasn't too stressed! The nurse commented on how soft her fur was and how pretty she was too. No point to this post - just distracting myself really.

Hi Glingle

Always worrying ... One of mine had major surgery on Monday and my heart was in my mouth ...

I will be thinking of you both and sending vibes xx

Thank you guys. She's going to be stopping in the kitchen with the heat off for a few days after her spay as it's so cold - it was -7 when I was de-icing my car this morning. Now I just need to convince hubby that she needs to stay inside permanently....
ETA They'll phone me when she's come round after the op, so late morning or lunchtime I guess as I'm not sure where she was on the list

Vets have just phoned - she's been awake for about three quarters of an hour now. She's not eaten yet, but is doing well, so I can pick her up at 2.30. Thanks for all your good thoughts - they obviously worked :love:

Vets have just phoned - she's been awake for about three quarters of an hour now. She's not eaten yet, but is doing well, so I can pick her up at 2.30. Thanks for all your good thoughts - they obviously worked :love:

I bet it wont be long before she's back to full on hay munching.................and her infamous spectacular poo output !! xx

The infamous RU vibes have worked again :D

I bet it wont be long before she's back to full on hay munching.................and her infamous spectacular poo output !! xx

Because we've had constant snow, rain, hail and sleet I haven't been able to clean out the run for two and a half days... We might need wellies in the kitchen!
rw9Pzjx.jpg

The white ones still have frost on them, not mould!

Because we've had constant snow, rain, hail and sleet I haven't been able to clean out the run for two and a half days... We might need wellies in the kitchen!
rw9Pzjx.jpg

The white ones still have frost on them, not mould!

........... and a shovel to dig you and hubby out of a poo avalanch !!

We sling it on the raised bed if it gets wet and mushy. Will be interesting to see how the rhubarb does this year :lol:
Willow is now home and feeling very sorry for herself in her green onesie. She's got Loxicom and a checkup booked for Monday. The vet nurse that did her handover to me lives next door but one to me and told me to knock at anytime if I'm worried about her.

We sling it on the raised bed if it gets wet and mushy. Will be interesting to see how the rhubarb does this year :lol:
Willow is now home and feeling very sorry for herself in her green onesie. She's got Loxicom and a checkup booked for Monday. The vet nurse that did her handover to me lives next door but one to me and told me to knock at anytime if I'm worried about her.

Nothing like having a Veterinary Professional on call !! :D

Lots of healing vibes being sent for your brave girl xx

I've nipped into the kitchen a couple of times and seen her eating hay, so I'm happy that she's recovering well. She's so not impressed with me though.
etXUQIJl.jpg

Back