• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aghhhhh!!! I've e-mailed Fat Fluffs Rescue about possibly adopting Drax! :)

Natalie

Warren Scout
Needless to say it was a looooooooooooong e-mail as I wanted to explain the situation we are in with Caramel being elderly and with a heart condition. I also outlined the indoor accommodation and outdoor run we have for Caramel. Sooooooooooooooooooo ... I'm just going to wait and see what they say. I think that if they consider it an unfeasible idea to attempt to bond Caramel and Drax (Drax being a gentle sounding 6 year old, neutered, male), then I might finally have to admit defeat and stop thinking about the possibility of finding a companion for Caramel.

I'll let you know how it goes :)

Last edited:
I feel sure they will think it a good idea! I hope they get in touch fairly quickly for you.

Well I got their automated reply which said "Thank you for contacting Fat Fluffs. Our mornings are spent dealing with our rabbits and other daily chores so our emails are dealt with in the afternoons. We will endeavour to deal with your query, or forward it on to the relevant person, within two working days"

So hopefully by the end of next week I will know whether we can consider proceeding :)

Patience is a virtue it's true, but Ive never been very good at it. If I was in Natalie's position, I'd have already rung them/emailed them again. I'd be terrible, especially with a rabbit involved. When I saw Dave, I was so worried he'd be adopted by someone else, I went back an hour after I saw him. He was home with me that day! Lol

Patience is a virtue it's true, but Ive never been very good at it. If I was in Natalie's position, I'd have already rung them/emailed them again. I'd be terrible, especially with a rabbit involved. When I saw Dave, I was so worried he'd be adopted by someone else, I went back an hour after I saw him. He was home with me that day! Lol

lol, I totally know what you mean. I think if I haven't heard by Wednesday next week, I'll probably ring or mail again. But at least I've registered my interest so we're in with a chance.

Quick update - unfortunately Drax had already been adopted - even though on the website it didn't even show him as reserved. I must admit I was quite upset when I found out but I had to give myself a good talking to and remind myself that as long as we find a loving partner for Caramel that's the main thing - not adopting the first bunny I happen to fall in love with!

Soooo we are still slowly proceeding. At the moment they only seem to have bonded, or young bunnies up for adoption so I'll wait. (Although I am also browsing bunnies in other rescues). Because of Caramel's heart condition and the need to keep her as calm and stress free as possible I've decided that, when we do find a suitable friend for Caramel and with loads of advice from the rescue, I'll do the bonding myself. We can empty out the spare bedroom here to create the neutral territory and take it from there.

I've also e-mailed our vet for her advice about bonding Caramel, bearing her heart problem in mind.

Sorry for the delay in giving an update but inbetween times I had a health scare and had to have a bunch of tests done in hospital, so that kind of caused me to lose my focus a bit - all's okay now though (phew - scare over) and I'm back on track :)

Ah I can understand your disappointment when you were so keen on Drax. Hopefully that means he wasn’t the right bunny but the right one will come along very soon :)

That's a shame about Drax, but it means he wasn't the right bunny for Caramel (that's how I try to look at things anyway). Sorry to hear that you've had a health scare too, I hope you're feeling 100% now. Hugs for you and nose rubs for caramel x

Back