• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance Providers?

IdaMae

New Kit
Can anyone recommend a good insurance provider for my bunnies?

I'm not overly fussed on cost, would just prefer the best/better cover. I'm looking at going with Pet Plan currently.

Thanks!

Petplan are rated best in the UK and many vets will deal with them directly

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I’m with pet plan, recommended by the rescue and my vet. They’ve just paid out on a direct claim with no issues which made life much easier so I’m happy with them :)

I'm with Petplan and they've been brilliant. I've had to make a lot of claims this year due to recurrent GI stasis, I've not had to pay the vet upfront but instead completed the claim form which the vet then uses to claim direct from Petplan.
The premium has gone up slightly this year, but it's not bad considering we incurred vet bills of £2,000 last year

We're with Pet Plan too, it's costing me a fortune for all of them, but we have already had to claim on a couple of occasions, so I'm glad we have it. Premiums have gone up after the first year, but I imagine that's common with most policies x

The only downside to PetPlan is that their excess goes up every year. Once your rabbit is 10 years old the excess is £100 + 20%.
I'm not sure which insurer I would use for any new rabbits.

The only downside to PetPlan is that their excess goes up every year. Once your rabbit is 10 years old the excess is £100 + 20%.
I'm not sure which insurer I would use for any new rabbits.

This. Coupled with premiums of c£275 p/a. I have cancelled on two of my oldies for this reason.

I'm with pet plan now and just claimed for a stasis. I was with agria but they where horrendous! Avoid agria!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you all! I've gone with Pet Plan for my two! They're only 8 weeks old at the moment, so we've got a little while yet before they're "old!"

Back