• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it just me that.......

Puts the lights on so that the bunnies can see their supper, leaves the radio on when I am out for the deaf dog and chooses fish shaped treats for the cats?

No :lol: I leave the lights on until Frosty has eaten his pellets and veg/forage :lol:

No :lol: I leave the lights on until Frosty has eaten his pellets and veg/forage :lol:

Nope !! I have been known to do very similar things !! I always ask the Bunnies what herbs they'd like before I go to get the shopping and as I leave I say 'Be good Buns, I wont be long'................ :oops:

I wouldn't admit this to anyone outside this forum :oops: But as it's still dark when I leave for work I use a hue colour changing light bulb to mimic sunrise and as I don't feed them again until until well after dark during winter, I have the lights come on at dusk and then use the colour changing bulb to mimic sunset later in the evening.

Thank you RU for making me feel normal, I am sure Frosty enjoys his meal better when he can see it! I love the idea of your bunnies choosing their herbs Jack's-Jane and Britannia that is just lovely :)

Matt likes to leave the lights on for them as long as possibl;e, but there's plenty of street light in our back garden! I do like to leave it on until they're out from pellets and eating bramble so they can get a view of what's going on :)

I tell Luna to be good whenever I leave the room.. and I still leave lights on for her even if she is blind :lol:

Nope !! I have been known to do very similar things !! I always ask the Bunnies what herbs they'd like before I go to get the shopping and as I leave I say 'Be good Buns, I wont be long'................ :oops:

I asked the bunnies if they wanted celeriac from aldi - then apologised when I got back as there were none in stock. My OH looked at me like I was batty, to which I replied that I was not the only bunny mum who did it!

I've never left the light on for my bunnies but I have put the heating on for them. I too consult my bunnies about what they would like from the hedgerows / supermarket & apologise if its unavailable - your OH will be joining in before too long, whether he consciously wants to or not :lol:

Apparently our budgies have a favourite radio station :roll: - and lights are always left on for bunnies during the day - it's dark when I leave and return from work. They have a night light on as well - Holly doesn't like it being too dark (she thumps - a lot - if left in darkness).

The TV in the lounge is left on for the dogs to watch.

And of course I have to say good bye to everyone before I leave - but often forget to say good bye to hubby (but he's mostly still asleep then so that's okay :lol:)

I only have my wee budgie these days and I leave the TV on for him when I go out.When I come in the front door I whistle to him and he always replies.:)

Nope - I do exactly the same. I leave the kitchen lights on so that the buns can see when it gets dark because it's usually dark when I get home from work. And I leave the radio on so that they feel a sense of companionship, although the radio is on quite low volume. I just feel that as they are for the moment, house bunnies, then it's nice for them to not feel alone. Personally I feel it's important to vocalise to my bunnies for reassurance, particularly as they are rescue buns and I feel that they at least feel a sense of comfort and belonging in our home.

Personally I feel it's important to vocalise to my bunnies for reassurance, particularly as they are rescue buns and I feel that they at least feel a sense of comfort and belonging in our home.
Yes! I talk about all kinds of random stuff to mine, although mostly it's admonishing them for weeing on the floor, making a mess, generally being bunnies :roll: :lol: Also the fact that Lopsy appears to be mostly deaf doesn't stop me, although most of that's in case he happens to hear me befoe I scare the wits out of him unintentionally :roll: :lol:

Back