• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know anything about Fat Fluffs Rescue in the West Midlands

I have only ever heard good things about fatfluffs. I've never had any personal dealings with them myself. He looks gorgeous:love:

I have only ever heard good things about fatfluffs. I've never had any personal dealings with them myself. He looks gorgeous:love:

Thanks, the website is very encouraging, and they are only about an hour away from us.

Yes I've seen fatfluffs mentioned positively many times before on this forum :) iirc theres been members here who've adopted from them.

I am so in two minds about this. I have always wanted Caramel to have a companion, but hubby's not keen because of the potential for the ongoing cycle (which is a fair point), vets have been rather doubtful, because of her age and her heart condition (also fair points). I just can't stop feeling that she'd be happier with a companion if it were at all possible. I don't think I could even take her over to the rescue to meet Drax as it might be too stressful for her, so it might be a non starter if that's a requirement. Not that I've asked the rescue yet. I need to be more sure of what I'm doing, I really don't want to waste their time.

The rabbit looks absolutely gorgeous and you wouldn't need to take Caramel to him. All you need is a neutral space for a few days. Is Caramel on medication for her heart?

The rabbit looks absolutely gorgeous and you wouldn't need to take Caramel to him. All you need is a neutral space for a few days. Is Caramel on medication for her heart?

Yes, frusol (diuretic) three times a day. We had a very scary time when her heart rate dropped to 80 beats per minute, she was admitted into,the vet hospital and had a whole load of tests. Apparently she’s got an enlarged heart. She’s doing okay at the moment and at her last check up her heart was back to 180, but we do need to keep her as calm and stres s free as possible. Hence my dilemma, as bonding might be all too much for her. But on the other hand, if it were to work out, I think it would be so lovely for her, and hopefully any other bun who comes into our lives who’s looking for love

Last edited:
Could you ask fatfluffs about doing a long term foster so that when Caramel's time comes then her companion can go back to the rescue. It may help to convince your husband?

Just seen Drax omg. Best of luck.

Another thought. They could always live as neighbours if the bond doesnt work out so that they have company at least.

For what it’s worth - I bonded my bun with a heart condition and we just closely monitored him - plus I chose the new bun very carefully. Blue (thenewbie) and Noah bonded instantly - almost like Blue knew he has to be careful not to stress Noah out.

Could you ask fatfluffs about doing a long term foster so that when Caramel's time comes then her companion can go back to the rescue. It may help to convince your husband?

Just seen Drax omg. Best of luck.

Another thought. They could always live as neighbours if the bond doesnt work out so that they have company at least.

Lots to think about. I'm just not sure that I'd ever be able to let him go back to the rescue. That's why we never fostered doggies (we've had rescue dogs for years and years), neither my husband or I could face having to hand them back :?

For what it’s worth - I bonded my bun with a heart condition and we just closely monitored him - plus I chose the new bun very carefully. Blue (thenewbie) and Noah bonded instantly - almost like Blue knew he has to be careful not to stress Noah out.

Awww that sounds bliss. May Blue and Noah have many happy years together :love: Another of my reservations is that I am so new to being a bunny parent, so I have absolutely no experience whatsoever with bonding.

I still have my fat fluffs hoodie from many many years ago!!!

(sorry that really doesn't relate to knowing about fat fluffs as a rescue...)

I would ring Fat Fluffs and explain your dilemma, and see what they say :)

Yes you're right, I do think that's the best starting point, I just need to make sure that hubby is on board first. He knows how I worry about things, and he knows that if my decision ended up being detrimental to either Caramel or the new bun, that I would be so devastated, so he's just looking out for me really. But you know how it is when you're browsing the internet and accidentally come across a senior, male, neutered bunny looking for love, at a rescue that's not too far away ... :love:

Last edited:
Aww what a beautiful bunny, I've always heard positive things about fatfluffs, they even have facebook page and been running for many years now

Hello :)

I can tell you that they were wonderful to us, they took our two boys to be bonded when no one else could/would. Now thanks to them we have two bonded boys, Adam the guy I had most contact with was very knowledgeable and caring.

Their bunnies have a big outdoor area and when we went to pick our boys back up in the snow, their rabbits decided they all wanted to play outside.

I hope that helps :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello :)

I can tell you that they were wonderful to us, they took our two boys to be bonded when no one else could/would. Now thanks to them we have two bonded boys, Adam the guy I had most contact with was very knowledgeable and caring.

Their bunnies have a big outdoor area and when we went to pick our boys back up in the snow, their rabbits decided they all wanted to play outside.

I hope that helps :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, very helpful, thank you :)

Back