• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets4Pets Vac for Life ..

MightyMax

Banned
I've mentioned this previously, when Vets4Pets didn't cover the RHD2 vaccination for rabbits but only the Novibac combi.

I have now heard - please someone confirm this is reliable :) - that the vac4life programme now covers BOTH vaccinations :)

In addition, if your rabbit is in a high risk area and needs two RHD2 vaccinations in one year, they will discount the second one by 30%.

https://www.vets4pets.com/pet-health-plans-offers/vac4life/

(However, since writing this I have also heard that not all branches are doing this, and some are only covering the RHD2 in their Complete Care Package)

Please let me have your experiences :wave:

Interesting, I was told by my vet it would never be included as there’s only 1 vac included for dogs & cats. I’m due to take my lot for their 6 month health check so I’ll ask when I’m there. Do you know which vets / areas are including it?

Nope - As of the new manual dated 23 Jan it's now included in complete care but not vac4life. According to the Vets4Pets updated manual, RHD2 is now covered in the complete care plan which is a monthly payment plan. Which makes sense, as although RHD2 is now a vaccine recommended as standard alongside nobivac by the BSAVA, it has to be given as two separate injections and therefore doesn't make any business sense at all to include it in Vac4life, as that is taking up two vet consultations for the one-off fee, rather than just one.

Here's the complete care scheme details. If you use a V4P and the vaccines are at the higher end of the spectrum, the scheme will probably pretty much pay for itself even before you go to the vet for anything else, as there are other 'perks' like discounts on dentals and consults.

https://www.vets4pets.com/pet-health-plans-offers/complete-care-health-plan/

All Rabbits: £7 per month
Plan Includes:
1x vet consultation
Annual vaccination incl. full clinical exam with your vet
Seasonal Flystrike protection
Annual RHD2 vaccination
And also offers a 30% discount on a further RHD2 booster if it needs doing 6 monthly.

It is not company policy to cover it in the vac4life scheme...although some vets seem to be either choosing to do this, or have misinterpreted the new manual. The terms and conditions for vac4life still say

3) Vac4Life is available for cats, dogs and rabbits only. It includes vaccination for the following conditions:
a) Distemper, Infectious Canine Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Leptospirosis (dogs)
b) Calicivirus, Herpes virus, Panleucopaenia, and Feline Leukaemia virus (cats)
c) Myxomotosis and rabbit haemorrhagic disease-1 (rabbits)

Nope - As of the new manual dated 23 Jan it's now included in complete care but not vac4life. According to the Vets4Pets updated manual, RHD2 is now covered in the complete care plan which is a monthly payment plan. Which makes sense, as although RHD2 is now a vaccine recommended as standard alongside nobivac by the BSAVA, it has to be given as two separate injections and therefore doesn't make any business sense at all to include it in Vac4life, as that is taking up two vet consultations for the one-off fee, rather than just one.

Here's the complete care scheme details. If you use a V4P and the vaccines are at the higher end of the spectrum, the scheme will probably pretty much pay for itself even before you go to the vet for anything else, as there are other 'perks' like discounts on dentals and consults.

https://www.vets4pets.com/pet-health-plans-offers/complete-care-health-plan/

And also offers a 30% discount on a further RHD2 booster if it needs doing 6 monthly.

It is not company policy to cover it in the vac4life scheme...although some vets seem to be either choosing to do this, or have misinterpreted the new manual. The terms and conditions for vac4life still say

Thanks for clarifying Santa :thumb:

Yes, I know the terms and conditions are the same, which was why I was a surprised. However, last year I was assured by the Vets4Pets I used that if Filavac became "standard" and available in the UK (which it already was :roll:) then it would be included.

I haven't got round to ringing my branch yet, but usually they refer to 'Head Office' for things like this :)

I can't see how they could reasonably include it in the vac4life without turning it into a massive loss leader, if they did that I suspect they'd have to rethink the whole scheme and raise the prices...from a purely business point of view I think they should anyway - it doesn't seem to 'reward' loyalty as plenty of people go to V4P to get the cheap vaccines and then go elsewhere for all their other treatment, which not only defeats the object, it makes the finances of the participating vets far worse!

What santa said is the case for my practice also. I've also seen the other vets I use have really up'd the prices on their vaccs :shock: Including the VHD2 which has more than doubled, I also noticed there was a vaccine listed as Myxomatosis, VHD1 & VHD 2 for £59.99. I presume this is a bundle deal as they don't have a vaccine manufactured that covers all 3 unless I have missed this??

Last edited:
I know healthy pet club give rearguard each year free, but I wish would stop this and instead including rhd2 vaccine as rearguard isn't needed

My friend is a vet nurse at the one in Milton Keynes. I asked her literally the other day about this lol.

Their care plan includes all three vaccines and other bits like money off wormer, free rear guard and money off procedures. The vac for life I didn’t ask about however because I think care plans are awesome.

I think the different branches of Vets4pets and companion care opt in to what they want to offer. As my vets I worked for in Aylesbury the boss said “he would never put all rabbit vax on the care plan”. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see how they could reasonably include it in the vac4life without turning it into a massive loss leader, if they did that I suspect they'd have to rethink the whole scheme and raise the prices...from a purely business point of view I think they should anyway - it doesn't seem to 'reward' loyalty as plenty of people go to V4P to get the cheap vaccines and then go elsewhere for all their other treatment, which not only defeats the object, it makes the finances of the participating vets far worse!

Agreed! So roll on the time when Novibac/RHD covers RHD2 as well :)

I think the different branches of Vets4pets and companion care opt in to what they want to offer. As my vets I worked for in Aylesbury the boss said “he would never put all rabbit vax on the care plan”. X

They might be able to opt in or out of participating in various offers, but if they offer them, they'll have to offer them on the standard terms and conditions. The national information on the care plan now says that it does include RHD2, so a branch couldn't possibly just decide that they're not going to. They could decide not to offer the care plan at all, but not to pick and choose which bits of it to do.

MM - quite agree - now there are a couple of RHD2 vaccine manufacturers around as well as MSD, with a bit of luck at least one of them (and maybe all three!) are working on a combi. It's just frustrating how long these things take in development and then to get to market!

They might be able to opt in or out of participating in various offers, but if they offer them, they'll have to offer them on the standard terms and conditions. The national information on the care plan now says that it does include RHD2, so a branch couldn't possibly just decide that they're not going to. They could decide not to offer the care plan at all, but not to pick and choose which bits of it to do.

MM - quite agree - now there are a couple of RHD2 vaccine manufacturers around as well as MSD, with a bit of luck at least one of them (and maybe all three!) are working on a combi. It's just frustrating how long these things take in development and then to get to market!

Yes! :lol:

So I rang my local branch and I didn't get onto the subject of Vac4Life, as a little confusion reigned over the Myxo/VHD & VHD2 jabs. It was thought that they were given together, for the price of the Novibac :shock: I didn't think this was correct, but they are checking and getting back to me tomorrow.

I'll raise the subject of the V4L - if it doesn't cause further confusion, that is! :)

Back