• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fallen in love with a bunny

Alicia

Mama Doe
I don’t know whether it was a boy or a girl but for now I’ll say he. A tiny little brown bunny, he had long legs looked like he might have some hare in him possibly. He looked so sad and I’ve never had eye contact with a rabbit before but he looked straight at me. He was the only one lying down in his litter tray :lol: I just want all the bunnies, the poor thing looked miserable :(

Pets at home :( I shouldn’t go in there! I hate that they’re kept right in the middle of the stores and it’s all glass they can’t really go anywhere to hide. There’s always dogs right up at the glass too, I really think the animals should be kept in a separate room and if people want one they go out there rather than have them in the main shop

I remember when it wad called Petsmart,and they had piggies in with the rabbits.They also sold birds,budgies,small parrot's etc all in an aviary together There were a few escaped budgies flying around outside the aviary.I pointed this out to staff,no access to food water/ danger etc all I got back was "yea we know" shrug of shoulders.They also used to kill sick Hammies etc by hitting them with spade out the back of the shop.It made the press and helped get it shut down.

Are pets at home rabbits generally quite sick? They all seemed quite lethargic but it was warm in the shop. I really want to ‘rescue’ him but I know that it’s not helping anything at all :(

what a difficult dilemma,to see an animal who looks like they're in need of help like that but you're not sure you can do much for them. I hope he's just feeling over warm and not ill. Those glass cages must feel even warmer inside :(

Theres one in my PaH too like that.The staff keep saying "she had a fight with another bunny so must be homed alone":evil:I mentioned to the manager that because of one fight with a rabbit she didn't get on with it doesn't mean she must be alone for the rest of her life.Unfortunately they still spin that yarn.:(

Oh bless him.Its difficult when one plays on your mind.

Are pets at home rabbits generally quite sick? They all seemed quite lethargic but it was warm in the shop. I really want to ‘rescue’ him but I know that it’s not helping anything at all :(

The bunnies in my local PAH have tunnels they can hide in and their area is a reasonable size. The bunnies in the adoption part though are in a much smaller area, all behind glass and always look miserable. I have asked staff if their buns are OK before now as they have looked lethargic but have always been told that they are fine.

I think all animals deserve a good home, regardless of where they come from, but I also understand that buying bunnies from shops/breeders can perpetuate the cycle. I've rehomed an 'old stock' piggy from PAH who had outgrown his 'cute' stage. I had a bereaved pig at home who had stopped eating and could not find a single male pig in a local rescue so I adopted this little chap. My bunnies are all rescue buns.

Unfortunately this one wasn’t even in the adoption bit. Most of my bunnies have been rescues, I have one that I got as a baby from my boyfriends sister who bought a male and a female (expecting two males!) I just want to be surrounded by bunnies they make me so happy. Realistically I only have space for 2 and I feel able to afford nice treats and toys etc. for them on top of their basic care and if I get more then I can’t give them as much so I think it’s best I stick with two. When I move I want to have a big space for rabbits and get some more, how well do big groups work?

Back