• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi everyone...i,m new here.

rabshan

Mama Doe
Hi to you all...my names shan and I have been around rabbits for many years...I just have pets, although I did do rescue for a while, my "thing " was ex-breeder bunnies which I took-in, neutered and gave a home to. All my bunns are free range, which means they are NEVER shut up in hutches but live as natural life as I can give them (as my vet put it "they are like wild rabbits" which is what I set out to achieve) last year I was at the centre of a scandal created by my now very ex-friend who published a story entitled "the shed..wot I saw" by ----- -------. I would like to take the opportunity to say that it was the biggest pack of lies and rubbish that I have ever read and was completely UNTRUE. I have been RSPCA inspected and vet inspected, neither found any thing wrong so I think that answers any questions on that score and I hope that now I have closure on this. If there are still any doubters then look at the above information and digest it, right so now to the important stuff lets get chatting? love shan & the furry people.

Hiya Shan and Bunnies, welcome to Rabbits United :wave:
We look forward to learning more about you and your rabbit family :D

Hi :waver:

Aww that set up sounds grand.
It would great for our buns to live like that, unfortunatly that's not practical.

Do post pics :)

Hi Shan and welcome :lol:

When I was young my best friend was Shan (her name was Charlotte) and we made such a funny pair!! I was very tall and she was teeny weeny :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks for the great welcome.

hi you guys and thanks for the great welcome...guess this is going to be a really friendly group ( hope so) will be out with the digi trying to get some pics of my babies...last time I did this I was gone for hours and used up all the film or whatever these new fangled cameras use, got some brilliant pics though even the one of henrys bum which was meant to show his gorgeous little face until he jumped round at the last second and ruined it. has anyone got a problem with foxes ??? I have eight hanging round my garden (they live in a rubbish tip in next doors garden) not what you want when you have precious bunns to guard, they are hungry (I do feed them which is probably not wise) as they were killing the squirrels and I couldn,t bear that, anyone know of a way to get rid of them without hurting them...I also have seven cats and two rats oh! and a large fat spider which is dangling on a web in my kitchen which i am rather attached to love from shan. ( this is short for shanette) and I am just five feet tall so a shorty as well.

Hi rabshan and welcome :wave:

YES we had BIG problems with foxes when I was a breeder. My rabbits where outside living in an aviary (in hutches of course) it was like a rabbit house. I had a fox get 2 or 3 of my rabbits - one of them was Toby’s brothers, Toby was nearly got himself but he was smart and got away. I have also experienced a water rat kill some of my baby bunnies before. Now I only have Toby he lives indoors with me and will never have a rabbit live outdoors again.

Denny said:
Hi Shan and Buns

Your set up sounds great, whats the big fat spider called :shock:

In our house it would be called squished :? I can't stand the blighters :shock: They terrify me :oops: :shock: :? :lol:

Jaypot said:
Denny said:
Hi Shan and Buns

Your set up sounds great, whats the big fat spider called :shock:

In our house it would be called squished :? I can't stand the blighters :shock: They terrify me :oops: :shock: :? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I agree I am not that keen either but I am supersticious (not sure on spelling) so they get evicted via a cup and piece of paper and chucked over to next doors :lol:

We have a HUGE fat spider in the ladies at our office, she's called Avril :D , she lives in a hole in the corner where the skirting boards don't quite meet.

bunnyhuggger said:
We have a HUGE fat spider in the ladies at our office, she's called Avril :D , she lives in a hole in the corner where the skirting boards don't quite meet.

What are you feeding her if she is HUGE :lol: :lol: I know that spiders eat a few things especially flies :shock: is this why she is living in the ladies do you think :shock: :lol:

spiders. (fat)

Hi denny, jay & everyone...the spidey is called angus (all spideys in this house get that name) I get very attached to them and no one is allowed to touch it, my husband keeps complaining about the huge web (and my dusting abilities) he keeps threatning to sweep the web away (no way) there is an even bigger one clinging to the window, I thought they died in winter, guess no one has told them that yet? one of my cats, harry, has a very nice habit of catching mice, bringing them indoors & letting them go, he did this 3 times over the weekend & I havn,t managed to catch one yet, any one elses cat do this, he has a big grin on his face when he lets them go ( I don,t mind mice & used to keep them) but I don, t really want them indoors, have told him this but he just ignores me. He,s a witches cat, he has 6 toes on each foot. I got him from my local pet shop (much against my better judgement never to buy from these places) as people were scared of him, he,s gorgeous & sleeps next to me at night..love from shan & the furry people.

Hi Rabshan

I think your brave keeping the spidies :shock: :lol: Your cat sounds fantastic, 6 toes is just amazing, if he is a witch's cat, he will bring loads of good luck and protect you and yours. (it a full moon and Thursday, the witching hour is midnight, best time to do spells). Your Cat bringing mice etc in the house is him bringing you presents, a sign of love and affection for you, when I was growing up we had a cat that used to bring mice, rats , fogs etc in the house (I think because we had a fair few pets that he thought we might like some more to look after :lol: ). My cat that I had to pts this year used to bring me frogs, but he never harmed them, just used to play with them (it was hard trying to catch them to put them back outside though :lol: )

thw witches cat.

Hi denny....I didn,t know that witches cats are lucky, most folks are scared of him, I tell them that he is reallly cute & cuddly but cos he,s big,black & has those toes they get well spooked. I was interested in the spell casting you mentioned,I have been reading up on witchcraft (scares the hell out of me) seems white witches are so much different to satanic witches, don,t think I will be experimenting just yet though. love from shan & the furry people,

Back