• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddy my 9yr old Lionhead - U/Date 07.04.18

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Freddy just lost his long-term wifebun Tracey. I was quite concerned yesterday as he seemed miserable but today he was excited to see me coming round with his food. So he is obviously feeling ok. I am thinking I might try bonding him with two 8 yr old sisters who used to live with Jason who I lost a couple of months ago. There is also someone with a 9 yr old Lionhead female looking for a friend for her but after all these years I don't really want to part with Freddy :cry: Also she may not accept him.

Last edited:
I'd try the sisters first for 2 reasons. It keeps your elderly boy with you & in an environment familiar to him; secondly for elder buns I like the idea of groups & there is still rabbit company when one passes

I'd try the sisters first for 2 reasons. It keeps your elderly boy with you & in an environment familiar to him; secondly for elder buns I like the idea of groups & there is still rabbit company when one passes

I agree 100% :thumb:

another one here in agreement with JB :wave:

I have put Freddy in with the 2 girls. One of them got a bit funny for a second or two. I spoke to her sternly :D and 2 hours in they are quiet. I didn't have a neutral space unless I brought them indoors but I spend much of the day outside, so I did a scary thing really but I know these 2 are not aggressive. So, hopefully he has company now and they will grow to love him.

I have put Freddy in with the 2 girls. One of them got a bit funny for a second or two. I spoke to her sternly :D and 2 hours in they are quiet. I didn't have a neutral space unless I brought them indoors but I spend much of the day outside, so I did a scary thing really but I know these 2 are not aggressive. So, hopefully he has company now and they will grow to love him.

:love: good bunnies. I hope it works out. Please keep us updated

Good luck ongoing :love:

That's great.:D

Are they still ok together?:wave:

Yes, thanks for asking. They have completely settled down; the girls used to live with Jason who I lost a couple of months ago so they are used to having a man around. They're very sweet really, the 2 girls. Well they're bound to be 'cos I bred them! :)

Back