• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Archie and Pip get 2 new squares to play with...cuteness warning

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Not sure who remembers I made the buns a blue fabric square that they both loved. Archie particularly like to dig it, do a mini binky and of course chill on it..

Sadly one of them decided to eat a bit of it this week so it had to be confiscated. So today I made them two news squares...

My other half suggested I made a green and blue one to see what they liked best...

They've only had them a few hours, but as you can see the green is currently winning!

I've included a pic of Archie on his original square

Im sure there will be more piccies soon. Teehee
077a982fdab3341c6186c33da0b6b4ab.jpg
ea1bbf0da84aff9aba8f705f42bef826.jpg
54205007fe109aaf4b3249d377eaa93f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

That is extremely fascinating. Not only are we subjected to the most adorable cutesome, but we've been treated to a biology conundrum. What spectrum to bunnies see in. Looks like I'm going to have to do some research about that. :love:

Thank you for the warning ;)

Green wins! I agree with Craig - I wonder what bunnies see and why they preferred the green.

They are ground dwellers and not sky flyers so green is most appropriate :lol:

Your bunnies are adorable. keep us updated on the blue / green thing, in fact do lots of colours ;) I was only saying this morning i want the rabbits to like the stair carpet & was wondering if colour should be factored in

Your bunnies are adorable. keep us updated on the blue / green thing, in fact do lots of colours ;) I was only saying this morning i want the rabbits to like the stair carpet & was wondering if colour should be factored in

The only thing I factor in with rabbits is can they grip onto it! :lol: Otherwise it's my taste rules :lol:

That is extremely fascinating. Not only are we subjected to the most adorable cutesome, but we've been treated to a biology conundrum. What spectrum to bunnies see in. Looks like I'm going to have to do some research about that. :love:
Yeah. My OH had read they can tell the difference between green and blue so we thought it might be fun to see what they choose .... I'll keep you updated to see if they change their minds.

I shall indeed make more colours. I can be a bunny scientist. Lol

I like the fact you are wondering what your buns might like. I think I'd pick brown so it shows up less mess and poos! I often suggest we just change our carpet to hay then you didn't notice the messes. Hahaha

I shall indeed make more colours. I can be a bunny scientist. Lol

I like the fact you are wondering what your buns might like. I think I'd pick brown so it shows up less mess and poos! I often suggest we just change our carpet to hay then you didn't notice the messes. Hahaha

Seagrass matting throughout?

The only thing I factor in with rabbits is can they grip onto it! :lol: Otherwise it's my taste rules :lol:

To be fair I'm not good at predicting bunnies tastes for flooring but maybe cos I've been focussing on texture & cleanability & not colour :lol: I shall make sure they have a decently thick pile to get their claws in to

mouse defo prefers green grass lino to wood effect

Thanks mervinus - i await the results with interest

Well so far today it's even on the colour decision. There has been much adorable binkying going on. But there has been some chilling too.
9d82971f531b044371f6728b9da2b044.jpg
778c9fe9a24e29b6878195e4fbf31b57.jpg

The green square is made up of composite light from the red and yellow spectrum whereas the blue is a primary colour. This could (use the word could) indicate that bunnies could see a wider spectrum of colours. A more conclusive test could be to do squares in black, white, red blue and yellow and see what happens. But also the fact that rabbits have superb low-level light vision, the way they see colour might not be the same way we do. Truly fascinating little thread this and loving the photos.:love:

Very cute photos, and very interesting discussion re colour preference ! Can I ask what sort of material you used, those squares look really cosy :D

Very cute photos, and very interesting discussion re colour preference ! Can I ask what sort of material you used, those squares look really cosy :D
Yes of course. There are made of 3 layers of fleece and then the top layer is cotton. They love to dig and smooth them. I do find a bunny smoothing one of the most adorable things.

If your bun is a real chewed you'd have to be careful with the cotton, but our buns would rather chew door handles. :)

What I want to know is?.......who is doing the weights???:love:
Haha. I wondered if someone would mention those. They were my OH's, but are now used to stop monsieur Archie from moving and lifting his pen!!! He is surprising strong for a teeny tiny bun...

Back