• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a sulker.......

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
Orion just came back from the vets, we did the RHD2 jab first, we'll be back on the 1st february for the myxi/RHD1 and discuss neutering if he is ready. he'll be microchipped then too.

the entire car journey he looked asleep, flopped on his side. we got in and the vet commented, "he looks very relaxed for a boy his age, they're usually jumping all over the place" - that was a mistake as he got ideas apparently!! :lol:

first of all he kicked his way all through the examination - she tried to feel his tummy, he tired to wriggle out. she tried to feel his hips/pelvis, he jumped around and let out a grunt (or squeak as it sounded).

then came the stethoscope.. as soon as she went near him, Orion turned around and pulled it out of her hands, almost throwing a strop. finally after some fighting she managed to listen but the entire time he looked like he was going to murder us all any second...........

up next was teeth checking.. we didn't even manage to get the tool in his mouth! he started backing up, shaking his head, flicking dirt and even trying to preoccupy his mouth with hay to stop it. he even threw some hay at her and shoved the tool out of his way. needless to say, we gave up.

the actual vaccine was fine, he did give us all a glare though and turned his back on us.

after that, he's refusing to speak to me :lol: he won't accept any peace offerings, pets are declined with a shove, and once I put him in he decided to flick dirt at me - which successfully flicked a few poops at my face! he's now sat in his litter tray sulking, looking rather sorry for himself, watching my every move.

dread to think how his neuter will go if he's this stroppy over a vaccine, I imagine losing his balls might set a new standard :roll::lol:

n8yTQmTm.jpg

Classic rabbit language I'm afraid, BinkyCodie. Turning his back on you and flicking feet (and all the other unpleasant stuff) is his way of saying "I'm not speaking to you and you are in the doghouse". But ALL rabbits have a soft spot - usually involving food. I find a dried cranberry or two generally works as a peace offering. You see, he has to show you who is boss and in his world, he's boss so like it or not, you're going to have to show him you are sorry. Now excuse me, I've got to go and tell a rabbit off for chewing paper again!:p

I clipped nails yesterday got mixed reactions, one jumped away and flicked luckily she'd just been cleaned out and was on vet bed so nothing hit me [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I had to laugh at this - sorry :lol: - I love rabbits with attitude - I have a couple and whilst I dread vet visits, I'm secretly proud of my stroppy kids :p

Lopsy's a nightmare at the vets, BUT he was apparently an angel through his neuter :roll: I expect he just wants me to think he's not an easy patient :lol:

Orion just came back from the vets, we did the RHD2 jab first, we'll be back on the 1st february for the myxi/RHD1 and discuss neutering if he is ready. he'll be microchipped then too.

the entire car journey he looked asleep, flopped on his side. we got in and the vet commented, "he looks very relaxed for a boy his age, they're usually jumping all over the place" - that was a mistake as he got ideas apparently!! [emoji38]

first of all he kicked his way all through the examination - she tried to feel his tummy, he tired to wriggle out. she tried to feel his hips/pelvis, he jumped around and let out a grunt (or squeak as it sounded).

then came the stethoscope.. as soon as she went near him, Orion turned around and pulled it out of her hands, almost throwing a strop. finally after some fighting she managed to listen but the entire time he looked like he was going to murder us all any second...........

up next was teeth checking.. we didn't even manage to get the tool in his mouth! he started backing up, shaking his head, flicking dirt and even trying to preoccupy his mouth with hay to stop it. he even threw some hay at her and shoved the tool out of his way. needless to say, we gave up.

the actual vaccine was fine, he did give us all a glare though and turned his back on us.

after that, he's refusing to speak to me [emoji38] he won't accept any peace offerings, pets are declined with a shove, and once I put him in he decided to flick dirt at me - which successfully flicked a few poops at my face! he's now sat in his litter tray sulking, looking rather sorry for himself, watching my every move.

dread to think how his neuter will go if he's this stroppy over a vaccine, I imagine losing his balls might set a new standard :roll:[emoji38]

n8yTQmTm.jpg
Awww. Was that his first vet visit? I posted yesterday with my Archie's sulk after having his jabs too. His face was hilarious!

I was forgiven after I have him some dried plantain luckily, but I did get imaginary dirt kicked in my face. Tehee.

Try some food to tempt him.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

oh yes, I've seen the dirt flicking before. Snoopy used to give me it after his medicine every time, even if it was the good tasting stuff! Luna has given me it for a lot of things, including not stopping to pet her!! I just haven't encountered a bunny this sulky or wriggly at the vets. all of mine have been angels! Snoopy was always having tools poked in his mouth and never moved once, Luna's been prodded everywhere and instead would give the vets kisses after. I guess he's the first stroppy one I have :lol:

he has refused to speak to me until this morning - peace offerings didn't work! I offered him fibre sticks, a raspberry, he would glare for a few moments before snatching and turning his back on me. if I dare tried to touch him I would get shoved still. even his night time pellet and herbs were a no go, he wouldn't accept until I closed the doors. he's still sending me death threats this morning I'm sure.

Fellie - I do love bunnies with attitude, Luna has it too, just not at the vets. if you're not petting her and she demands pets, she will shove whatever you have out of your hand :lol: she has dug on my laptop for attention also, completely messing everything up. if I'm trying to study, she will be an utter terror and do things she shouldn't. sometimes!! :roll:

Mervinius - yep, it was his first appointment, clearly didn't sit well with him!! their grumpy faces are the best, I often feel judged by Luna. if I move or make a noise, she peers around like "what are you doing?", or sits just around the corner so an eye is "watching" you!!

oh yes, I've seen the dirt flicking before. Snoopy used to give me it after his medicine every time, even if it was the good tasting stuff! Luna has given me it for a lot of things, including not stopping to pet her!! I just haven't encountered a bunny this sulky or wriggly at the vets. all of mine have been angels! Snoopy was always having tools poked in his mouth and never moved once, Luna's been prodded everywhere and instead would give the vets kisses after. I guess he's the first stroppy one I have [emoji38]

he has refused to speak to me until this morning - peace offerings didn't work! I offered him fibre sticks, a raspberry, he would glare for a few moments before snatching and turning his back on me. if I dare tried to touch him I would get shoved still. even his night time pellet and herbs were a no go, he wouldn't accept until I closed the doors. he's still sending me death threats this morning I'm sure.

Fellie - I do love bunnies with attitude, Luna has it too, just not at the vets. if you're not petting her and she demands pets, she will shove whatever you have out of your hand [emoji38] she has dug on my laptop for attention also, completely messing everything up. if I'm trying to study, she will be an utter terror and do things she shouldn't. sometimes!! :roll:

Mervinius - yep, it was his first appointment, clearly didn't sit well with him!! their grumpy faces are the best, I often feel judged by Luna. if I move or make a noise, she peers around like "what are you doing?", or sits just around the corner so an eye is "watching" you!!
Haha. Yes we have learnt that no sudden noises or movements are allowed in the bun room. (Our lounge) they either skidaddle to a hidey place or glare...

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Back