• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zooplus- So Many Forage Products 'Sold Out'

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have used Zooplus to buy various Forages for quite a few years. This is the first time that the one's I usually buy have all sold out and have been so for over a week.

I wonder if it's due to a supply problem due to the very wet weather or could it be that more people are actually feeding their Rabbits a more 'natural' diet these days ?

I just hope they get some more stock in soon or I'll have a Rabbit Riot on my hands here.................:shock:

Gosh, I hope they get some more in quickly. I think the weird weather has had an effect in crops this year. Dad collects the hay for my buns from Hay 4 Pets for me and has got to know Ann really well over the years. She was saying that her competitors have been asking to buy hay off her as they haven't got the stock this year.

Last edited:
I haven't used zooplus yet, I get my forage from The Hays Expert. All of my animals go crazy for coneflower, especially the chinchillas.

I mostly used Zooplus as it worked out so much cheaper when I was buying for a lot more Rabbits than I have now. I could never have afforded to buy from THE or GG when I had 30+ Rabbits. I have just bought some forages from GG, it's just about do-able for 4 Rabbits. Apparently Zooplus are due to receive new stock tomorrow xx

I get a lot forage from zooplus, mainly because it's cheaper and you can buy large quantities, I got a large order a week or so ago. Hope they restock soon :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Zooplus is well used for forage by the guinea pig, chinchilla & degu communities too. On the degu forum I'm on we always point people to zooplus for well priced forage, so it might be all our fault - sorry! ;)

For those with bottomless purses, there's always Galen's Gardens or Ratrations or Hansemanns (if your German is good)

Edit : actually you can email Hansemanns in English, tell them what you want & they'll reply in English & give you a shipping quote too, isn't as expensive as you'd think for postage.

I noticed yesteday when I went to order some :( We're pretty much out of everything so it's really bad timing for us.
I've noticed the multibag offers they had (like 2 packs of dandelion for £10.99) have disappeared too :(
On the ribwort, dandelion and garden herbs (the three I buy) it's saying new stock is expected on the 27th. I'm sure yesterday it said only a couple of days? Time seems to have increased :(

As you say Jane, GG/THE are unfortunately too expensive when you have so many (though I imagine 30+ must have been incredily expensive! :shock::lol:)

I bought a couple of bags of P@H's own stuff when I was in there today just to keep Snowflake going as she's recovering from stasis and I often find it's the first thing they eat (it was in Snowflakes case last night). They've got a new one now, similar to their old 'rabbit forage' but it's got rose petals and rosehips now (I picked out the only rosehip in there as I wasn't sure if it was safe though looking it up tonight it seems they are?)
It's a nice mix if anyone gets stuck, though expensive of course :roll:

Try Galens garden - I always find their stuff is better than Zooplus

It's a lot more expensive !!

I have had to order from there this time, but I could not afford to do so on a regular basis as my Rabbits are fed on a Pellet free diet so we (they!) get through a ton of Forage a week.

I've just bought 500g and 1kg bags of dandelion, nettle, peppermint and marigold flowers from Amazon made by Just Ingredients. Prices start from £7. 50 and upwards, depends on what you buy. Not sure how cost effective this is compared against Zooplus as not bought forage foods from them. B and M sell small packets of bunny forage for £1.99, can't remember what's in them though. I bought marigold hay from B and M for £1.99 , half the price of PAH for same size bag.

It's a lot more expensive !!

I have had to order from there this time, but I could not afford to do so on a regular basis as my Rabbits are fed on a Pellet free diet so we (they!) get through a ton of Forage a week.
Not sure about prices, but amazon sell the same brand I think it's Jr farm? Maybe you could get some stuff on amazon to tide you over :)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back