• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on my new bunny friend - and a question!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Sir Bertilak the Great (aka Bertie) has now been with me for a month. He's doing really well, although still very hand-shy. He's a great hay eater and not at all fussy. Unlike my late bunny, Spenser, Bertie has a water bottle. I love the sound of him drinking from it! Spenser came with a bottle but I soon realized he preferred a bowl. He loved to tip it up and fill it with hay etc. I have been researching bottle cleaning methods and would be interested to know if RU favours pet bottle brushes, baby bottle brushes, or a tooth brush with soft bristles.

I use a bottle brush - usually from a home brew shop as they have longer, thinner twisted wire handles than the ones for baby bottles.

I couldn't find a brush which fitted into the bottles so I now use one of those very thin plastic bags which you find near the fruit and veg aisle in the supermarkets. I push the bag into the bottle add some water and swish it about. It works really well. For the spout I use a small paintbrush.

Mixed success. I thought the home brew brush in Wilko looked too big, but might be going back for one as the baby bottle brush had a sponge top I trimmed too much! It does work, but not ideal. I could virtually hear Bertie sniggering at me!

I have heard that rice is a good way to clean them. Put it in and shake it around ... not tried it yet though.

Back