• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change of hay

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
We decided to try the bunnies back on farm baled hay. They all eat it, their poo is good but I'm guessing Boo doesn't approve based on her obssession with evicting it all from the litter tray

hVE3yPNl.jpg

VMTxs1il.jpg

QJnumUIl.jpg

Hah, this is exactly what Tan used to do :lol: She used to make a pile next to the tray. Sometimes she would then sit on it, but sometimes not. Why???

I actually live opposite a hay field, but the last time I bought from him, it was mouldy inside. It's a shame because I would much rather support someone local.

Hah, this is exactly what Tan used to do :lol: She used to make a pile next to the tray. Sometimes she would then sit on it, but sometimes not. Why???

I actually live opposite a hay field, but the last time I bought from him, it was mouldy inside. It's a shame because I would much rather support someone local.

Ahhh, you'll be giving me nightmares . I was actually worried it was damp but it was just cold :lol: It fitted very snugly into timothyhay sack

Princess has now made 3 nests & the litter tray is bare. Waiting on bin men so I can sort it out

I always considered that when Tan did it, it was for territorial reasons i.e. it's MY responsibility to change the hay position because this is all my territory.

On a side issue, since Tethra has been on his own he has no stray poo or wee on the floor of the shed and I considered this to be that as he is younger perhaps he has more control of his bodily functions. He also has three large litter trays and uses all three to sit in. However, the tray sited in the middle of the "territory" now remains completely clean and dry. I wonder if this too is something to do with protection of territory reasons i.e. it's just the external trays that need his scent.

Omi you can't tell Boo off! any reprimands fall on deaf ears . Joey occassionally keeps her in line with a semi nip but I've not tried it myself. Even when you physically try & move her using your hands she has a remarkable ability to stay beligerently rooted to the floor. She is a bit different.

I always considered that when Tan did it, it was for territorial reasons i.e. it's MY responsibility to change the hay position because this is all my territory.

On a side issue, since Tethra has been on his own he has no stray poo or wee on the floor of the shed and I considered this to be that as he is younger perhaps he has more control of his bodily functions. He also has three large litter trays and uses all three to sit in. However, the tray sited in the middle of the "territory" now remains completely clean and dry. I wonder if this too is something to do with protection of territory reasons i.e. it's just the external trays that need his scent.

interesting observation. Joey & boo has great litter habits (Joey always did) - introduced Mouse & its been downhill ever since.

Clever boy Tethra for being so clean & tidy

We decided to try the bunnies back on farm baled hay. They all eat it, their poo is good but I'm guessing Boo doesn't approve based on her obssession with evicting it all from the litter tray

hVE3yPNl.jpg
[/IMG]

VMTxs1il.jpg
[/IMG]

QJnumUIl.jpg
[/IMG]

Gracious, she's stripped your new wallpaper already? :shock:

Omi you can't tell Boo off! any reprimands fall on deaf ears . Joey occassionally keeps her in line with a semi nip but I've not tried it myself. Even when you physically try & move her using your hands she has a remarkable ability to stay beligerently rooted to the floor. She is a bit different.
Slidey floors all the way: Lopsy gets scooted across the playhouse lino when I need him to move and he doesn't want to (I think he secretly enjoys it!).

I always test the bales I get (small hands are great for shoving deep into bales!), but I also don't buy it if it's been really wet and windy in the recent few days, as the farm I get it from keeps theirs in a not entirely weatherproof structure! I find opening it out a bit when I get home is really useful too.

Funny about toilet habits. Willow used the entire run as a toilet whereas Parsley would poo in one corner (where the human door is into the run) but mainly poo and wee in the tray in the shed next to the hatch into the run. Since Willow has been on her own she doesn't use the trays inside the shed and just uses the same corner that Parsley did in the run, so much tidier than she used to be.

Ah sorry Boo, I forgot :lol: Perhaps it is a disapproving look of the hay then, or perhaps she's looked at what she's done and is wondering whether the mess is noticeable enough.

Gracious, she's stripped your new wallpaper already? :shock:

oh they all did - even Mouse, days after they were let loose in here, every wall. I posted their art exhibition on here. That is layers of paint and the top layer of plasterboard, fortunately not wallpaper. Skirtings are going on soon, hopefully that will make them more difficult to get a purchase on the wall. Wishful thinking I'm sure

Last edited:
oh they all did - even Mouse, days after they were let loose in here, every wall. I posted their art exhibition on here. That is layers of paint and the top layer of plasterboard, fortunately not wallpaper. Skirtings are going on soon, hopefully that will make them more difficult to get a purchase on the wall. Wishful thinking I'm sure

Yeah, skirtings are really tasty, so I'm told! :lol:

What did you decide on for the flooring in the end? Guessing not carpet :lol: Sweep-uppable ...?

Yeah, skirtings are really tasty, so I'm told! :lol:

What did you decide on for the flooring in the end? Guessing not carpet :lol: Sweep-uppable ...?

haven't decided yet but I need some interim measure while we save for wood floor> i want to use lino but it feels hugely wasteful . Boo has helped with the decision not to use carpet :lol:

Back