• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foraging Fun

Truffpuff

Mama Doe
So I got both “bunny mad” and “Rabbiting on” magazine subscriptions and back issues for Christmas and have read through many already.

Now I have decided I’m excited to go and do some foraging for my two munchy faces (Truffle and Luther)! In the magazines they have ads at the back and I found this lady who has a company called “dried delights” who does this and sells it at a reasonable price. So I’m going to order a bag and see what they like, so I’m not foraging for days, drying for weeks then they stick their bunny noses up lol!

She also sells toys, a few of which I thought I’d share because like me, some of you might decide to have a go yourself because they are all recycled bits. Or you might want to go and buy bits. There was another company too I looked at and quite liked as it wasn’t all overpriced called “binky shop”.

Most you see are made with hessian, cars, loo rolls, dried bunny safe twigs, egg boxes, card plant pots, tape rolls, paper bags, ribbon spools, and other bits....i started looking at my recycling and having all kinds of ideas! :)
80dedaa3eea5f3516d06ad8f1fa31d27.jpg

f9dc7fd1b487eebb1ea855f6d8f14026.jpg

e25b78ada4dae792a71eec70efba2df2.jpg

037b0b291e63ac622c7a029ff6bb9b05.jpg

3e2c5c3c3838cf8b6588d137eeb66a2e.jpg

26450b08eef812b27285469b21580227.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She should note that foraging on public land, then selling that forage is illegal. If it's in her own garden, or private land with permission it's completely legal.

Another way to check is to go forage a little fresh and offer it to them fresh before drying out.
The girls don't like dried birch, but do like fresh.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

She should note that foraging on public land, then selling that forage is illegal. If it's in her own garden, or private land with permission it's completely legal.

Another way to check is to go forage a little fresh and offer it to them fresh before drying out.

From the looks of the Facebook page I think she has a huge garden (jealous!!) and gets big batches of herbs and flowers donated by friends.
But that is a good point to be careful if us bunny owner go out foraging, to be careful where you get it from.

I’m hoping to get the RWAF foraging book and plant identification for my birthday so I can confidently go out and get bits.

Oh that’s interesting! Thank you for that I will give that a go. They have enjoyed sampling different herbs recently and it’s interesting to see which bun likes what :)

From the looks of the Facebook page I think she has a huge garden (jealous!!) and gets big batches of herbs and flowers donated by friends.
But that is a good point to be careful if us bunny owner go out foraging, to be careful where you get it from.

I’m hoping to get the RWAF foraging book and plant identification for my birthday so I can confidently go out and get bits.

Oh that’s interesting! Thank you for that I will give that a go. They have enjoyed sampling different herbs recently and it’s interesting to see which bun likes what :)

The safest and easiest ones I can think for you to identify now would be hawthorn, willow and brambles.

The safest and easiest ones I can think for you to identify now would be hawthorn, willow and brambles.

Oooh, brambles I have a question about! Don’t laugh :p
But when you pick the leaves (carefully!) do you then take the tiny spikes off? Because I spent aaaages doing that before snipping the sharp tips off, but I want sure if it was needed because wild buns don’t have scissors lol!

Thank you for those :)

Oooh, brambles I have a question about! Don’t laugh :p
But when you pick the leaves (carefully!) do you then take the tiny spikes off? Because I spent aaaages doing that before snipping the sharp tips off, but I want sure if it was needed because wild buns don’t have scissors lol!

Thank you for those :)

I just snip off a whole branch... they then get given the whole thing as it is, thorns and all ;)

I just snip off a whole branch... they then get given the whole thing as it is, thorns and all ;)

Oh really! Well mine were far to pampered then lol. I did wonder if the thorns were ok because they have rubbery tongues like giraffes, and they eat spiked plants.

Thank you [emoji4]

It's been done before by folk on here! :)

Back