• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Darling Dutchess

Jaypot

Mama Doe
It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that our beautiful
girl has left us :cry: She went into a deep sleep this afternoon only
to wake up at the Rainbow Bridge. We are heartbroken :cry:

Our beloved Dutchess had been so very brave this year with her bad
leg but even having the leg removed did not take away her spirit –
she lived for her Duke and he lived for her. What will our Duke do
without his dear old Dutch now?

We can honestly say, with hands on hearts, that our darling big girl
had been so very happy here – she had that little spat where
accepting the amputation gave us cause for concern but she bounced
right back and when she came into the house to stay forever, she
thrived. We have wonderful pictures of our darling girl in her
usual upside down pose with her teeth showing – we always said that
she was smiling on these pictures.

One of our slippers has now gone to sleep and one of our old codgers
had left us – Duke and Dutchess where always known as a pair of
slippers or the old codgers. Please send vibes that our darling boy
Duke can get through this and continue his fight against this awful
abscess.

Kisses to all the bunnies and a special kiss to our Angel Dutchess

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :cry:
im so sorry to hear about ur loss and u all must be missing her loads.
i hope duke can find another girl that he can love and care for like he did for dutchess.
all my sympathy is with u
lots of buunt kisses from all my furries :rabbit2: :love: :bunny: :love:
becky

Awwwww Jay *big hug* she was a very lucky bun to have you and John care for her and Duke for bunnycuddles. Thinking of you all tonight.

Binky free Dutchess, now you can run about on four legs again. Take care and watch over Duke.

Oh Jay my heart goes out to you, it really does. Run free little Dutchess and say hello to Charlie and William and all the other bunnies who have gone to Rainbow Bridge.

Lizzie said:
Oh Jay my heart goes out to you, it really does. Run free little Dutchess and say hello to Charlie and William and all the other bunnies who have gone to Rainbow Bridge.
oh lizzie you made me cry.

I am so sorry Jay :cry: I know how it feels to loose a bunny like that. Its something we all know is going to happen - yet when it does its so unbearable. I am sure things will be fine for you and Duke, you will manage some how :(

So so sorry to hear about Duchess.
It's so sad when you lose a beloved bunny :(
Thinking of you all and Duke.

So Sorry to hear about your loss, just remember she had such a great life with you

Sending loads of reiki and love to you all.

with love
maria

Oh Jay, so sorry to hear about Dutchess, hugs to Duke hope he's feeling better and over that abcess soon.
Big Hugs to you as well.

Angela

Dear Jay, we are so, so saddened to hear your news, and just to say that we send you a big hug and lots of love at this difficult time.
You gave Duchess a wonderful home and bestowed her with love, compassion and kindness, what more could a bunny want for.

Adele and all the Sanctuary bunnies x28 (plus 12 boarding bunnies)
XX

Jay,

Thats so sad to hear about Dutchess. At least she had some wonderful times with you. Thinking of you all x x

Sorry to here about Dutchess. Her and Duke made a beautiful pair. I hope he's coping ok, I'm sure your giving him plenty of nose rubs but add a few extra from me :)

Tamsin

I am so sorry to hear you have lost your lovely Dutchess. Poor Duke, it is so sad when one bunny goes over the bridge and leaves a companion behind. I am sure she will watch over him and he will have lots of extra nose rubs from you both. Hope he recovers from his abcess, they are nasty things. Sending vibes his way for a full recovery.

Back