• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you feed your rabbits

Hi,

We now have a run attached to our hutch. My questions is do most people feed their rabbits in their hutch or run or does it depend on time of day?

I more questions is it normal in the rain for rabbits to just stay in their hutch, as they seem to be ignoring their run this morning (it does have a full roof, but only half of this is covered with taurpauline.

Thanks

It depends on the bunny about use of the run. Parsley was always sat out in the run whereas Willow only seems to use it at night or to use it as a toilet. If there's a sudden change in usage it might be a sign that bun isn't feeling too well and a vet trip for a check up would be a good idea.
I scatter feed their pellets in the shed (the equivalent of their hutch) each evening so that they don't get spolit by the weather. They always have hay available to them in the shed, but in nice weather I'll put some hay in the run for them to encourage them to eat it whilst they are enjoying being out in the nice weather.

My four have a shed attached to a run. I scatter feed their pellets in the shed every evening and give them hay (also in their shed in a magazine rack) twice a day.

nfs19w.jpg

I feed mine pellets in their playhouse, forage in the run or playhouse, other things in other areas too. I can't scatter feed pellets because Aboleth gets super-humpy :roll: I use a two-dish plastic cat bowl thing :) There's a bit of nose-wrestling but no real trouble :)

Back