• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are There Any Bunny People Here from Spain?

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
Just wondering if there are any RU members here from Spain? The little male REW bun I was involved with rescuing in Spain who is the calmest sweetest boy is sadly having to be rehomed and his owner is absolutely devastated. Her little female Nethie is very territorial and even attacking her owner drawing blood as she can smell the new bun. She has tried to bond them but her femake kept attackig the male. Her owner is very distressed and upset by this situation as am I. So am wondering on the off chance if there are any members living in Spain who could help ?

Just wondering if there are any RU members here from Spain? The little male REW bun I was involved with rescuing in Spain who is the calmest sweetest boy is sadly having to be rehomed and his owner is absolutely devastated. Her little female Nethie is very territorial and even attacking her owner drawing blood as she can smell the new bun. She has tried to bond them but her femake kept attackig the male. Her owner is very distressed and upset by this situation as am I. So am wondering on the off chance if there are any members living in Spain who could help ?

Oh dear Nicky, I am so sorry to hear this :(

Poor little Ben. I wish we could get him over here...

I know MM, she really has tried everything and is so upset about it all. Poor Ben is hiding away and afraid after the upset of the failed bonding . Rabbits are not a mainstream pet in Spain. I know I was even looking at pet couriers .....

I know I can't help looking at the bunnies, every day.

Yes the rules are bit confusing. Bens mum said her vet put up a rehoming post on their Facebook page and a lady rang her wanting Ben for her young daughter but she said Ben was not a gift and would not rehome to her. She is finding the possibility of giving Ben up very upsetting and now she has decided that it is best for both buns she feels that things moved very quickly and she doesn't feel ready. My heart really is breaking for her.

Last edited:
My cough has improved greatly from Saturday, sooo relieved. Corvonia night time was a real life saver. The novelty of being abke to lie down to sleep is still with me! Thank you for asking x

My cough has improved greatly from Saturday, sooo relieved. Corvonia night time was a real life saver. The novelty of being abke to lie down to sleep is still with me! Thank you for asking x

I'm glad to hear this :D

I was looking for a suitable container to send you what I promised. And I still will - but not so urgently now :)

Back to talking about finding a home for a small, friendly white rabbit :D:love:

We brought a cat back from Greece last May. He was living rough in the woods behind the Villa where we stayed and then another cat attacked him causing life threatening injuries. The vet we took him too said the cat would be released back into the woods once well or PTS to prevent that happening. The vet said we could take the cat to the UK on a pet passport. There was no quarantine period as cat had to stay in Greece whilst he was healing. A pet courier was arranged to transport the cat overland to the UK and we collected the cat from Liverpool. It is possible to fly an animal to the uk as well, but we couldn't find an airline willing to take a cat. The cost would be greater too. From what I understand it should be possible to do this with a rabbit.

I know couriers have been used for cats and dogs but I wonder would it be too much for a bun ? I think it would be ok if I was travelling with him so I could nurse him at times as he is a very very docile little boy. What an amazing thing you did saving that poor cat Hartley Hare. Sounds like you defo saved his life.

Well she tried one last attempt to bond again but her female tried to attack Ben with growling and lunging :( however a family have been in touch who also go to the same vet as my friend who have offered to rehome Ben. My friend asked them everything including what their job security is! as she wants them to be able to financially take care of him. They have also a rescue cat and dog. She is so sad it has not worked out as am I am she is such a lovely girl and the home was perfect. Ben goes to his new home tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for those links, I did check them out, had even mentioned to my hubby about transporting Ben and how we could fly in train up etc I hope he is happy in his new home.

Well she tried one last attempt to bond again but her female tried to attack Ben with growling and lunging :( however a family have been in touch who also go to the same vet as my friend who have offered to rehome Ben. My friend asked them everything including what their job security is! as she wants them to be able to financially take care of him. They have also a rescue cat and dog. She is so sad it has not worked out as am I am she is such a lovely girl and the home was perfect. Ben goes to his new home tomorrow.

This is wonderful news Nicky :D:love:

Yes it is but my heart is so sad too as she is heartbroken at having to say goodbye, even though she knows it's for the best as both buns aren't happy right now. Ben will still be a free range house bun. She is very emotional about it all.

Back