• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about my boys and their new wife

Well it's all arrange Cuthbert and Dillon are going to professional bonders and potentially meeting their new wife. It is a rescue that bonds bunnies with their rescue girls.
I have given a full history of my boys including the date of castration etc and they said that this was not an issue.

Its going to be very odd not having the boys land on my lap as I watch tv, or climb on the keyboard of my laptop as I type. I am a little worried to say the least that things might not work out for them.

I will pack their bags with tasty treats and their food and bundle them off to Knutsford tomorrow at 2pm.

Aww I can imagine how you are feeling. Really hoping it all goes well and you can collect a happily bonded trio soon.

I really hope things go well with the bonding. She is going to be a very lucky lady having those two gorgeous boys all to herself ❤️❤️❤️

Bunnies are such huge personalities it does feel strangely empty when they're not around. But hopefully in a few days you'll have a happily bonded trio [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's all arrange Cuthbert and Dillon are going to professional bonders and potentially meeting their new wife. It is a rescue that bonds bunnies with their rescue girls.
I have given a full history of my boys including the date of castration etc and they said that this was not an issue.

Its going to be very odd not having the boys land on my lap as I watch tv, or climb on the keyboard of my laptop as I type. I am a little worried to say the least that things might not work out for them.

I will pack their bags with tasty treats and their food and bundle them off to Knutsford tomorrow at 2pm.

You can't do better than you are doing :)

It's about a month post castration, isn't it? So hopefully they will be 'out the other side' hormone-wise and able to cope :)

I really hope things go well with the bonding. She is going to be a very lucky lady having those two gorgeous boys all to herself ❤️❤️❤️

Bunnies are such huge personalities it does feel strangely empty when they're not around. But hopefully in a few days you'll have a happily bonded trio [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have woken up weepy at the idea of them going ...... your so right with the huge personalities

You can't do better than you are doing :)

It's about a month post castration, isn't it? So hopefully they will be 'out the other side' hormone-wise and able to cope :)

Yes its a month, the lady said that it is fine to do at this stage, their new wife has been spayed for a long time. I am just so scared that Dillon will get hurt again. (again meaning like he did when he was castrated)

Lots of positive bonding vibes. I can't settle in a rabbit free house, even when I'm just a Boo down cos she is at the vets for a days dental.

Good luck, hope it’s a quick and successful bond. I’m desperate to get my 3 back together, they’ve been separated for a month now and I feel so sorry for my girl (had to be kept on her own to allow a wound to heal).

Best behaviour boys!

In a couple of days you will start to get used to them being away although I know its very strange without them.Hopefully you will get some progress updates very soon which will help a great deal.Someone bonded a six for me not long ago and I lived for the progress reports!The day I collected them was amazing!To see them together was very emotional:D

Gutted,and beyond upset we drove the boys for nearly two hours to meet the new bunny. She didnt like us and she was smaller than I expected ( as Dillon and Cuthy are big rabbits I wanted a lady who could cope with their exuberance) We had taken the boys in the house but the lady said that she did not bond rabbits - that was someone else. We asked if she had anywhere for the boys to just have a run for ten minutes before back in their carriers and a 2 hour drive home.
I had specifically asked about bonding and had taken their food extra. We were only 5 minutes with lady bunny and 10 minutes run around the garden. What a waste of a day - Mark and I only have 3 days off together this month so I am gutted that 4 hours were spent in the car.

The lady bunny would make someone else a lovely wife but I did not feel she was big enough to cope with my boys. Dont tell anyone but I wept on the way home :(

I'm so sorry :( I can really understand why you are feeling so upset.

Attempting to add another rabbit or rabbits to an existing pair or more is a completely different scenario to merely selecting and then adopting new rabbits to live by themselves. When you also factor in the possibility of travel time as well, it makes it all likely to be problematic. A new friend has to feel right.

All you can say I think is that it wasn't meant to be. In my view also I admire your decision that the doe wasn't right for your boys. I have a feeling that some others might have been tempted to accept her after having driven that far.

I'm so sorry :( I can really understand why you are feeling so upset.

Attempting to add another rabbit or rabbits to an existing pair or more is a completely different scenario to merely selecting and then adopting new rabbits to live by themselves. When you also factor in the possibility of travel time as well, it makes it all likely to be problematic. A new friend has to feel right.

All you can say I think is that it wasn't meant to be. In my view also I admire your decision that the doe wasn't right for your boys. I have a feeling that some others might have been tempted to accept her after having driven that far.

Thank you Omi, yes it is a temptation but my boys are rather rambunctious and she was very squat to the ground. I was worried she would have got bounced! She will be lovely for someone else and I am sure will quickly find a home.

Back