• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey now alone :(

lucy24

Mama Doe
I know this is very soon as we only list Charlie yesterday but I need to think about Honeys best interests. So here goes.

I know rabbits are best being with other rabbits. However I wasn't really planning on getting anymore. I don't want to re-home Honey as I love her to bits and she has to have regular tooth burrs so I don't think anyone else would be willing to take that on. We've brought her inside as she used to be a house rabbit and loves being around people. Will being on her own be ok?

I have a pair of sisters outside but I don't know if trying to bond them all is wise as They used to be a trio of sisters but I had to re-home one due to fighting. Also Honey is used to being the boss but I can't see Lilly giving in that easy....

Honey is a little quiet today. Eating but I think she's grieving. She ignored Charlies body pretty much straight away. I want her to be happy... it breaks my heart . I keep expecting to see Charlie cuddling up to her 😢

I'm so sorry you lost Charlie :cry: you know her best and if she is a rabbit that likes being around people and she can have plenty of attention she might really enjoy being a house rabbit, it's early days yet so she is bound not to be herself at the moment. Can you give her a cuddly toy to snuggle with? I wouldn't try bonding her with your other two girls, especially with the history.

I'm sure you will make sure that she is happy :love: xx

I'm with zoobec - we've been using cuddly toys with Lillian and Henry for company and our bridge bunnies adored the soft toys we had for them. Lillian will happily sit next to her soft toys and groom them.

I also agree. I think from what you've said, that she will be very happy indoors. I also would not attempt to bond her with your other two females. She is possibly a little stressed at the moment from losing Charlie and bonding would be another stress on top of that.

Both my buns were house rabbits.Rio,we had for two years on his own,before we got Cleo his wife bun.Sadly she had to be put to sleep when stasis developed into bloat,she was four.Rio died aged eight,two years after Cleo passed.I have to say he was fine before her and fine after she passed .He just got on with it loved interacting with us.

Back