• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A sprout too far

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
The girls seemed to appreciate their grandparents efforts in wrapping their traditional gift - a sprout stick . I think Joey thought it was silly

BLbBHl4l.jpg

It defeated Boo in the end but she guarded it anyway:lol: (as she also guarded me last night when I was home alone, slept under the bed which she never does :love:)
x8TjcPhl.jpg

They enjoyed their foragey bought thing too
Je55pual.jpg

ekVf5Pwl.jpg

It's amazing how yummy simple things are at this time of the year when there's not very much exciting on offer :lol:

Thanks everyone. Omi it is sad, I can't wait for foraging season to begin again, I'm sure they wouldn't be quite so excited about sprouts in summer

Thanks everyone. Omi it is sad, I can't wait for foraging season to begin again, I'm sure they wouldn't be quite so excited about sprouts in summer

Haha, Tethra isn't even excited about sprouts :lol: I bought him 500g in Aldi's as they were only 19p, thinking they would be a Christmas treat for him, but he takes ages to finish them! He'll readily eat Brambles though, especially the large ones from the woods. Yes, roll on forage time :) I actually saw some very tiny Cow Parsley shoots poking through the soil, but they probably won't survive the cold.

Awesome, Lopsy loved the sprout stick I got him once :D I forced some buddleia on Aboleth yesterday and she even ate a few leaves! We've a fair amount of herb Robert I'm rationing leaf by leaf too, but there's tons of mallow Matt's having difficulty reaching even though it's right there!

Awesome, Lopsy loved the sprout stick I got him once :D I forced some buddleia on Aboleth yesterday and she even ate a few leaves! We've a fair amount of herb Robert I'm rationing leaf by leaf too, but there's tons of mallow Matt's having difficulty reaching even though it's right there!

Which Mallow have you got that's tall and producing leaves now?

Haha, Tethra isn't even excited about sprouts :lol: I bought him 500g in Aldi's as they were only 19p, thinking they would be a Christmas treat for him, but he takes ages to finish them! He'll readily eat Brambles though, especially the large ones from the woods. Yes, roll on forage time :) I actually saw some very tiny Cow Parsley shoots poking through the soil, but they probably won't survive the cold.

I'm guessing you didn't give him 500g all at once? :lol:

I can imagine a turbo-powered Tethra zooming round the run ..... :oops:

I'm guessing you didn't give him 500g all at once? :lol:

I can imagine a turbo-powered Tethra zooming round the run ..... :oops:

Haha no, he's still ploughing his way through them :( It takes him almost 24 hours to eat 2 or 3. I know he wouldn't eat them if it was forage time. He almost looks relieved when he rushes up and finds some Brambles there.

Btw I don't think that Tethra has ever understood the verb to zoom :lol:

:love:

I’m so going to miss foraging this year. Free to lend a helping hand to any buns who need some!

Sorry to crash your thread but is Mallow also known as Lavatera ? I've got loads in the garden, it had pink flowers until quite recently, the snow has brought the bush down though and its now within reach, if its ok to feed to the buns

Sorry to crash your thread but is Mallow also known as Lavatera ? I've got loads in the garden, it had pink flowers until quite recently, the snow has brought the bush down though and its now within reach, if its ok to feed to the buns

Yes its fine. My bunnies got to try some recently but lacked enthusiasm!

Omi - I think maybe Tethra would like a sprout stick?? ! Mine enjoy chewing the stick more than the sprouts it seems

Back