• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Cages

Toby

Banned
Does anyone know how much the fairly large rabbit cages are at “Pets at Home”? Can you get rabbit cages that can be split into two sections? Where do you guys get your cages?

They are £69.00 at pets at home. They are a bit tiny imo. too small for 2 rabbits

They are already in 2 sections. 1 large area, 1 little cave area.

I made mine at home with wire panels and carpet tiles. I use a "hutch bottom" as a litter tray or an "under the bed" plastic storage box as the litter tray.

Holly Go-Lightly - Yeah I thought they were a bit small for two bunnies but I’ve not seen any bigger. Unless I get a puppy pen but id have nowhere to put that. Even those doggie cages don't appear wide enough, as they are more bulky.

Its cool you made yours. Could you give me the full instructions as to how you did make your own cage? Do you have any pix of it I might have ago lol.

You can get a bigger ferplast cage think instead of it being 100 in length its 140 still think the big dog cages are much better value.

heres where mine are living for the minute
77e02572deafd08f39c2548c77913b75.JPG

but they use to live in two ferplast cages that were joined together
1b393cfa6a745c2b284ca444523fe164.JPG

where is the best place tyo buy large rabbit cages? if I fail making my own lol. I will also take a look at the dog cages.

Dont think the pic matches the size of the cage there talking about!
yes just looked there using the same pic for all the different sizes

That sounds cool. Ill have a look. How did you find them on Ebay? What wording did you put in search?

That seems cool. Could I have as many panels as I like? Or could I take the one cube? I wouldn’t need as many panels as they advertise.

You get 24 pannels in the pack for £5 by the sound of it? You can buy more than one pack though.

Each pannel is only a foot though so you'll probably need quite a few. For example to make a 4'x2' cage with lid (no floor) you'd need 32 pannels.

Tam

I have taken the plunge and got some. I have bought 2 packs and if it doesnt work out for the Buns then I will use for storage in the garage! for £10 I cant complain.

Also they are in Leeds which is just the next sity over from me, may be able to save on postage.

Back