• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long to try bonding after spay op?

beck

Mama Doe
How long after a spay op can a doe be introduced to a nuetured buck?

I'm looking at atleast 4 weeks anyway, but is this enough time for her to have healed assuming there are no complications, or should I wait longer?

Hi Beck, four weeks is the recommended timescale for everything to be settled, so you could start at that time, but it may be worth just being sure that your bunny has fully recovered, so you could visit your vet and get confirmation, that way you are atleast 100% sure.

But general advice is that after 4 weeks you should be safe to do so, but no harm in checking. :D

Thanks Annie.

OMG I've just booked Blueberry in for her spay next monday. Now starting to worry :(

The receptionist was lovely tho, said her bunny was done last month and recovered fine.
They put in disolvable stiches or whatever she called them and they dont use collars anymore (they did afew yrs ago) She said the vet will have a chat with me about after care and I'll get a couple of sachets of something to put in her food, cant remember what she said it was now...........if i'm in this state now what am I going to be like on mon :roll: !! ......

Awww Beck try not to worry I'm sure everything will be fine, and we're all here for you too. It may be some form of Probiotic just to help with her tummy, Benji had it when he had his op.

Back