• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnie squished like a pancake

AmberUK

Alpha Buck
New bunnie seems to drop really low next to me when either I stroke her or she comes up next to me. I wasn't sure if this is fear or not but sometimes she lies so flat her legs are all splayed almost in half lazy position, so surely thats good? But even when you stop stroking her she takes ages to get up (hoping for more?)

She also nipped me before, is this the part of the same thing?

Your title made me wonder what on earth to expect :lol: Sounds to me like a bunny who enjoys being stroked. If it was fear bunny would back off away from you and the ears if uppy go flat against the back. Taking ages to get up is as you guessed hoping for more, possibly so blissed out and not realising you have stopped stroking.

Angela

Hard to tell with lops about the ear movement. Does this mean the nipping might be asking for attention? It bloody hurts you know.

Now if only she would get on with Wilson...

Toby does something like this. Lays on his tummy with his back legs spread out behind him.... he looks like his been run over when he does this :lol: It basically means his relaxed. If this is the case with your bun then he/she is probably relaxed too :)

Yup, Bunnies do relax. Tobz does. He lays in front of the T.V in the middle of the living room watching telly LOL. Not a good pic but you get the idea.

Tobytvcrop.jpg

I have seen a relaxed bunnie but just not that close round me. I walk in the room and Wilson gets ready to run. Mrs Wilson(potential) actually wants to be stroked.

Really? Toby just lays in the middle of the room while we are all sat around on the sofa or on the floor next to him. We even have to step over him most of the time because his laid in the way lol. Tobz is the most relaxed bunny I have ever known. Or when you get the greens from of the fridge he like runs up to you and stands on his back feet and puts his front paws on your legs "gimmi, gimmi, gimmi" LOL. He reminds me of a little dog sometimes :)

AmberUK said:
Toby certainly sounds very chilled. They should be able to bottle that for nervous bunnies.

If it makes you feel better, we got Chips when he was 9 months old. He's now just over two and a half and he's still very skitty. He's coming round to being stroked, but I class it as a good week if he lets me stroke him for about 5 minutes over the whole seven days. He does trust us, but the only real indication is the way he reacts to strangers.

He was very badly treated by his first owners, they left him and his brother to starve to death, and that's really taken it's toll on his bravery levels. Saying that, he's very curious and will always come over and investigate us when we sit on the floor, and he runs over when there's food on offer, it's just that he flees in terror if you make the slightest move to stroke him. You have to catch him at exactly the right time in the evening and in exactly the right mood before he'll let you stroke him, and even then he won't stay for very long.

Nipping can mean they want more and your just not obeying the command :lol: I can send you a relaxed and lies in your way bunny if you want :lol: small price to pay he sprays as soon as you breath :shock: he's the worst male I have met in the 6/7 years I've had bunnies!

Angela

Erm its ok I have smelly bunnie already thanks. She just peed on the floor, ran about for a bit anf then laid in it. Very nice. I am now thinking she might need some kinda clean up but shes a nutter. She never stops. You have to chase her round the room and then she just doubles back on herself. God I am tired already after 2 days. Its hard when you feel you have to stay distanced cos the bonding might not work out ;-( Hopefully I can at least send her back litter trained eh?

Back