• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 mommas, 1 nesting box...

shauna_hale

Young Bun
I have 2 females who have each had a litter with 5 days of each other. The first had 2 kits, but one didn't make it. The other had 3 kits. The 2nd bun put her babies in the same box as the first one. Now, all four are in the same box. All babies are being fed, but idk which one is feeding them, unless they're taking turns.

Is this normal? Or do I just have weird bunnies?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have 2 females who have each had a litter with 5 days of each other. The first had 2 kits, but one didn't make it. The other had 3 kits. The 2nd bun put her babies in the same box as the first one. Now, all four are in the same box. All babies are being fed, but idk which one is feeding them, unless they're taking turns.

Is this normal? Or do I just have weird bunnies?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have had that happen. In a domestic setting pregnant Does are usually not with other adult Rabbits when they kindle. But if two pregnant Does do happen to share accommodation it can be that they will Kindle in the same nest. Not an ideal scenario, imo. But as long as the Does are not aggressive toward each other and all kits are thriving I would not interfere now. Do continue to be very watchful of the situation though, when the Kits become mobile there may be a need to separate the Does if they start to become stressed. Given that two Kits are 5 days older than the others you should be able to know which Kit belongs to which Doe.

Back