• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - no fur flying but...

AmberUK

Alpha Buck
Ok Now Mrs Wilson came round today. Shes very nervous (not like @ the rescue where she just flopped out). I put her and Wilson into the area in the cats room that Wilson is allowed into but doesn't live in. Wilson flopped out a bit and she still seems nervous. She ate and peed. Wilson sniffed her and nothing happened. When she sniffed him he jumped his front paws up like pushing away. Is this bad? Its like when Alita used to snatch food from you.

Anyhow I am having a break and they are seperated by netting/panels atm but can sniff each other - I presume this is ok?

Anything that doesn't involve nipping, chasing or growing is good :) It sounds like a few meetings so they get used to each other and they'll get on great. The head thing could have been to do with whose boss. Putting your head on the floor is submissive, sticking it under another bunnies nose and demanding grooming is dominant. Sitting with your head up is more confident.

Tam

Well this could take ages if Wilsons suposed to be in charge. He spends too much time running!

At the rescue in the neutral area she seemed to be trying to mount him but he just kept squeezing into a corner.

Looks like this might be a long week!

Well Mrs Wilson just mounted Wilson several times and several different ways - kinky! But when he tried to sniff her she legged it and went all flat bunnie (afraid?)

Its really hard to tell whats going on.

Lol, not a clue, maybe the haven't decided yet ;) If they're not fighting over it then I wouldn't worry they'll work it out in the end.

If they get stressed, to excited or need a break then seperating them as you did where they can still sniff/see each other is a good idea.

Tam

Wilson was very scared there.

When she kept sniffing him he did do that front paws jump and push away thing. But I feel he was just irratated and not really narked. I am feeling now less in a need to rush which I felt more today. Now I have had a chance to handle her I know I can do a couple of sessions a day which is easier to manage.

Back