• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Propalin for incontinence?

Elsewhere

New Kit
Mighty max, I read you have experience with this. Could you tell me the dosage per kilogram? My vet wants to try this on my lovely elderly spayed rex rabbit, but has not done before. So hence the question about dosage.
Thank you!
Elsewhere from Amsterdam

Mighty max, I read you have experience with this. Could you tell me the dosage per kilogram? My vet wants to try this on my lovely elderly spayed rex rabbit, but has not done before. So hence the question about dosage.
Thank you!
Elsewhere from Amsterdam

Hi from the UK to Amsterdam :wave:

Propalin isn't licensed for use in Rabbits, so the prescribing vet will need to sort this out in your particular case.

However, Mark Rowland at Trinity Vets has prescribed it for Rabbits. Perhaps your Vet could give him a call for a bit of advice ?

Trinity Vets are in Maidstone, Kent, UK

http://trinityvetcentre.com/

Thanks! I've sent the details to my vet. Not sure if he wants to call abroad though...
Was hoping someone would know the dosage.
Thanks again UK ☺️

Thanks! I've sent the details to my vet. Not sure if he wants to call abroad though...
Was hoping someone would know the dosage.
Thanks again UK ☺️

I can find the bottle I used and give you the dosage I used privately, but I am reluctant as it's an off label medication.

If your vet doesn't want to call abroad - perhaps he/she can email Mark?

I have sent all contact details... But it's crazy busy just before Christmas.
I know it's off label. If you would want to share the dosage details, I'd be really happy, but I understand if you'd rather not.
Thx

Mighty Max is quite right - any dosages for off licence meds should be given by a vet.

If your own vet is unsure, then I don't think he/she would want to prescribe something on the basis of a dosage given by an unknown person via a rabbit forum in any case (no offence to Mighty Max intended when I say that) so I'm sure there shouldn't be an issue with them contacting a vet here in the UK to discuss.

Back