• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fat Fluffs :)

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Hey everyone!

Yesterday Fat Fluffs took in a huge 35 rabbits and many of the poor buns are in a not so great condition. They are looking for some extra volunteers to help them out over the next few days and probably over Christmas too.
I know that it's a busy time of year, but if you live around the Birmingham are and you have a few spare hours, please consider helping this wonderful rescue out over Christmas :) I had the pleasure of meeting some of these lovely bunnies yesterday and they are all so beautiful, hopefully their lives have now changed for the better!

Xxxx

Last edited:
Jesus... Just been on their Facebook page! That is a lot of bunnies, but wow obviously an amazing rescue!

Just donated too xx

Hey everyone!

Yesterday Fat Fluffs took in a huge 35 rabbits and many of the poor buns are in a not so great condition. They are looking for some extra volunteers to help them out over the next few days and probably over Christmas too.
I know that it's a busy time of year, but if you live around the Birmingham are and you have a few spare hours, please consider helping this wonderful rescue out over Christmas :) I had the pleasure of meeting some of these lovely bunnies yesterday and they are all so beautiful, hopefully their lives have now changed for the better!

Xxxx

Thank you Roxy for the heads up on this.

I am working a way in which I might be able to help over the Christmas period next week :D

I know they really are incredibly busy, but there is nothing on their website about this :( Not everyone has facebook.

I know they really are incredibly busy, but there is nothing on their website about this :( Not everyone has facebook.

I don’t have Facebook but it’s a public page so you can view it and donate too :thumb:

Websites are so much harder to update than FB though, and if you do a slapdash job of it it can put people off :(

Websites are so much harder to update than FB though, and if you do a slapdash job of it it can put people off :(

I accept it is possibly harder to update a website, but for someone who knows what they are doing it really wouldn't take long. I presume the website has been set up as a means of communication, but that's no good if it's not up to date. I also think that it is short-sighted of rescues who are not keeping their websites up to date as they are potentially missing out on donations and people wanting to rehome. There are also lots of rescue websites that do manage to keep them current.

I know I am probably coming across as being overly critical of rescues, who are clearly rushed off their feet. It's fair to admit also that I am feeling fairly frustrated generally at the moment with a few rescues, who I am having communication difficulties with currently with regards to adopting some buddies for Tethra. This includes websites not up to date, phonecalls and emails not answered. I'm imagining that via FB I might become more noticed :(

They are extremely busy and obviously over winter they do get a lot less volunteers helping them out too. I think that with the majority of people communicating over social media these days, it's pretty easy to fall behind on updating websites. I'm sure that they would like to hear this sort of feedback though so I'll pass it on to them and see if a website update is on the cards :)
Xxx

Yeah the lack of website updates can be annoying, it defeats the purpose of a website. I do understand about the time restraints and I don't really care when it comes to rescues (but I don't think they can complain then about people not adopting/donating/volunteering enough) but with animal breeders it's frustrating, especially dog breeders - they're horrible about updating websites. They'll have a website going but not update it for years.

Back