• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cat tree for bunny?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
so I was thinking of providing Luna with some more fun and a cat tree came into mind. I have enough room for a small one in my room. the thing is, I don't know if she would use it as she is blind? I just thought it would be a fun little explore thing for her and I could hide treats in it too. I was thinking of a cat den too as another hidey place as I have two small empty spaces.

I just need some more activities for her that can fit in to a small space; a digging box would make too much mess sadly as much as I would love one.

I just worry about spending lots of money for something she won't use due to her being blind as I know that makes her less happy about new items. she's also a tiny bit arthritic but since medicating you would have no idea!! I just feel Luna's pretty bored as I have her out in my room during the day time - she's only in her cage of a night, and there isn't lots to do. so she starts destroying the bed and carpet.

Last edited:
so I was thinking of providing Luna with some more fun and a cat tree came into mind. I have enough room for a small one in my room. the thing is, I don't know if she would use it as she is blind? I just thought it would be a fun little explore thing for her and I could hide treats in it too. I was thinking of a cat den too as another hidey place as I have two small empty spaces.

I just need some more activities for her that can fit in to a small space; a digging box would make too much mess sadly as much as I would love one.

I just worry about spending lots of money for something she won't use due to her being blind as I know that makes her less happy about new items. she's also a tiny bit arthritic but since medicating you would have no idea!! I just feel Luna's pretty bored as I have her out in my room during the day time - she's only in her cage of a night, and there isn't lots to do. so she starts destroying the bed and carpet.

I thought this might be interesting also, so I began a thread about it a while ago ...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?466414-A-Cat-Tree-for-a-Rabbit

Certainly worth a thought if you have an otherwise destructive bunny! :)

ooh!! I never saw that thread :) thank you.

I think I'll get one when I have enough in the new year and see what she does with it. I suppose if she hates it I can offer somebody else it.

our cat hasn't cared for cat trees but I do wonder if I'll find him hanging out in there on it.

binkyCodie;6970600[B said:
]ooh!! I never saw that thread :) thank you.[/B]

I think I'll get one when I have enough in the new year and see what she does with it. I suppose if she hates it I can offer somebody else it.

our cat hasn't cared for cat trees but I do wonder if I'll find him hanging out in there on it.

You're welcome :)

Yes, if you've a cat too, you might get double duty out of it?

possibly!! it seems whenever I buy him something he doesn't give two hoots, when its for the bun he wants it!!

jingly cat balls for the buns.....suddenly he wanted them
cosy cat bed for the buns......found him in the cage in the bed!!
cat bed downstairs for the buns....he sits in it
wooden house for the buns to hide in downstairs....he decided to sleep in it
water bowl for the buns.....he now drinks from it - he's never liked tap water before

I'm very grateful him and Luna coexist. she does try to chase his flicking tail but I think she's just a bit confused - "why does this bunny have a tail?!"

possibly!! it seems whenever I buy him something he doesn't give two hoots, when its for the bun he wants it!!

jingly cat balls for the buns.....suddenly he wanted them
cosy cat bed for the buns......found him in the cage in the bed!!
cat bed downstairs for the buns....he sits in it
wooden house for the buns to hide in downstairs....he decided to sleep in it
water bowl for the buns.....he now drinks from it - he's never liked tap water before

I'm very grateful him and Luna coexist. she does try to chase his flicking tail but I think she's just a bit confused - "why does this bunny have a tail?!"

That's very funny BC :lol:

it is yes!! when Snoopy was in the hutch I'd often come out and find mr kitty inside the hutch if I left it open. sometimes he'd climb to the second level also!! I think he thought it held some secrets :lol: it was very cute as he used to groom Snoopy as he would to a kitten, and Snoopy would groom him in return :)

I think I've found the perfect cat tree - what do you guys think?
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/home-etc-170cm-cat-tree-hetc8123.html?piid=16938391

it is yes!! when Snoopy was in the hutch I'd often come out and find mr kitty inside the hutch if I left it open. sometimes he'd climb to the second level also!! I think he thought it held some secrets :lol: it was very cute as he used to groom Snoopy as he would to a kitten, and Snoopy would groom him in return :)

I think I've found the perfect cat tree - what do you guys think?
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/home-etc-170cm-cat-tree-hetc8123.html?piid=16938391

It looks amazing, if a tad expensive?

Is that for the cat, or the buns, or both? :)

perhaps it is expensive.. I have no idea what I'm looking for!! :lol: I do know I've seen some for £200 - £500 and I'm like.. what?! :shock:

I was just thinking the ladders would be helpful for Luna, a guide on where the holes are and how to get there. otherwise I think she might be a bit puzzled as she can't see where the entrances are.. I haven't yet seen one of similar with ladders to the hidey holes. although I'm probably over thinking this and Luna will likely just jump in and ignore the ladders totally!! it will be next to my bed so she will likely go onto my bed and then onto the cat tree 1st level or jump onto the second level.

its for Luna, but we all know how this goes!! I'll probably find Sherlock hanging out on it if he can get up, he's 7 now so getting up there in age and showing it. although I don't mind him hanging out in my room and very much enjoy the company when he does. he gets a little curious about the gerbils in my room, but never touches them. Sherlock used to groom a late hamster of mine so I think he just wants to play.

I'll keep an eye, perhaps there will be a new year sale or something...

I do think they can offer an interesting space for rabbits. I don't think I'd advise spending as much as that on one though, as Dottie and Ziggy have chewed the legs on theirs. I think I only spent about £20, so I don't mind x

Luna isn't much of a chewer thankfully, apart from duvets, I think she wants to go under them. she mostly digs on everything and tries to drag my blankets into the litter tray!!

I'll have a look and see what else is around but I do really like the one I have found. I'm just trying to work out how she would use it with being blind and getting onto the platforms without guidance. she misjudges the bed a lot, often jumping into it or slides off. when she has her LUNAtic moments she runs into walls or goes skidding across the room. recently she misjudged the stairs (never something she has done before) and tumbled down them. I'm pretty worried about her being hurt because while she is a tough bun, she's also a huge idiot sometimes :lol:

if she doesn't use it I may just keep it and store it anyway, and take it with me when I move out as when I'm more financially stable I'd love a kitten.

Personally I think the one in the link is a bit high and the ramps look steepish. I bought Frosty one which is basically quite low, it has 2 largish boxes on posts about 18 inches apart which have holes in the front and side, and he loves to jump into them and on top of them, I think the top of them is about 3ft high, probably a bit less. I removed a ramp going up to a very small platform which was about 5ft high because I was scared of him falling. He also jumps from one box to the other and then jumps across to a trunk about 3 ft away :shock: he has customised it a bit but I got it cheap from eBay as it was basically unused as the guys kittens wouldn't go anywhere near it :lol:

hmm maybe, I didn't think of that!! perhaps I'll look into something else. then again she likes jumping 5ft walls so who knows :lol:

Back