• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't think she likes me!!! :'(

The Fonz

Warren Scout
Hi all!

Alright, I might just be getting a bit paranoid but; as you know I had Fonzie spayed last Thursday (having her stitches out on Tuesday), and she's made a really good recovery. However, I was advised that I shouldn't let her out of her cage until she's had her stitches out due to her being a bit of an amature "stunt bunny" as she might hurt herself! She leaps and bounds all over the place, and I swear she can run faster than the speed of sound! So I've taken the vets advice and made her cage as comfy as possible for her long stay in there (I'll get to the point eventually!). Today I decided that it might be nice for me to give her a cuddle and let her sit on my knee for a while; so I got her out and we had a cuddle and she also tried her best to jump off my knee, but to no avail. I decided to put her back in her cage, gave her a rub on the nose and went off to the conservatory to get her a treat. When I came back in the room she sort of cowered and I tried giving her a treat but she wouldn't come anywhere near me!! :cry: Is this normal?!?! I'm so upset!!!!

Take care & Blessed Be,

XxXxX Emma XxXxX

awwwwwwwwww Emma!!

I reckon she is just sulking after being in her cage and not allowed to do stunts!! she will come round soon im sure ! :D

Hi Emma & Fonzie, lovely bunny name by the way :wink:
You know, sometimes you just have to think "whatever" when it comes to rabbit behaviour. Bunnies tend to have their moments -- just like us humans do. I know I am not always in a good mood, and I reject my bf when he wants a cuddle when I am not in the mood. Rabbits are the same. I think you just caught her at the wrong time, and maybe she just needs a bit of time to recover :) Don’t worry, its un conditional love with rabbits and all animals.

I think rabbits can get in moods - Mr Bump once got in a mood with me and wouldn't come near me all day despite me offering him his favourite treats :? all I did was try to clean him up when he had a bit of an upset stomach. My friend (who was there at the time and isn't bunny mad) thought I had gone mad when she saw how upset I was getting because Mr B was ignoring me

At the moment Tigs isn't too keen on me either as she is currently on antibiotics and we are having to feed her it once a day as well as putting eyedrops in three times a day. They just don't seem to understand that it's for their own good

It is upsetting when they appear to be in a mood with you, but I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine with you before you know it :)

Hey you should have seen how moody Wilson got when he was shut in his hutch for a day. Bunnies can be grumpy too you know. Watch out or they will use it to their advantage ;-)

it is always a diffucult time, not being able to speak the language of lagormorphia , it is always hard to explain the reason for their sudden restriction to play (think of us as children when we had to stay in bed, but felt fine or so we thought, and we could understand the reason....!). But, perseverence prevailing, a healthy bunny will emerge and have many years of playing and interaction with their owner. It is a small price to pay for a small period of a bunnies life, as like a child, if allowed will act as normal and may ensue an even longer time of careful care, so a little self-discipline will reward you both very soon. the relationship will be reestablished as soon as the operation has been given suitable time to heal. A difference in behaviour may just be occuring as bunny is not feeling 100%, and after an op like that, well would any of us... :shock: :lol:

Emma, is she still on painkillers? She could still be sore, after all it's only been a few days and it is an invasive operation. It can take 4 to 6 weeks for her to fully recover. Also she probably remembers the last time she was picked up, she was put in a carrier and taken to the vet. Was it you who took her? I always used to get Jim to take Smokey and Daisy to the vet, then they wouldn't speak to him but they would speak to me :lol: Don't worry, she'll come round again, just keep talking gently to her and give her loads of TLC on her terms.

bunnyhuggger said:
I always used to get Jim to take Smokey and Daisy to the vet, then they wouldn't speak to him but they would speak to me :lol:

:lol: :lol: I always get the OH to do it to - well at least put them in the carrier when going to the vets. I also get him to put them to bed so they got moody with him not me!! :lol: :lol:

Amelia said:
:lol: :lol: I always get the OH to do it to - well at least put them in the carrier when going to the vets. I also get him to put them to bed so they got moody with him not me!! :lol: :lol:

:thumb: :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it at all, they can have moods just like us. Im still haveing trouble with Brandy, we still havent picked her up yet! i just dont think my rabbit is very affectionate. :cry: Good Luck im sure she will come round - thats what i keep telling myself

Awwww!! Thank you for all your replies!! It was me who took her for her operation, and the last time she was picked up was to be put in her carry case :( She's never really been in a mood with me before; she gets moody with objects like the time she sneaked on to the coffee table at the side of the chair and slipped, she ran around the back of the settee, looked suspiciously at the table, stomped her feet at it and ran away!! :lol: She got moody with the kitchen door, too! We realised she was going through the kitchen (which surprised us because she doesn't like the floor!) to get in to the front room and upstairs, so we closed the kitchen door and I watched as she made her way through the kitchen, and once she realised she couldn't go any further she stomped her feet at the door and turned back!! She's such a funny one!!! :lol: She seems a bit happier today, but I doubt she'll stay happy because she's having her stitches out at 2pm!! I've never had a house bunny before, so I'm really new to it all! I'll let you know how she gets on!!

Thanks again for all your replies!! :D
Take care & Blessed Be,

XxXxX Emma XxXxX

Back