• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who buys their pets Xmas presents?

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
The girls have a box full of presents that have been wrapped. The gerbil also has presents wrapped and I brought a couple things for my sisters guinea pigs and hamster.

Who else buys for their pets? Everyone thinks I'm weird for doing so.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The dogs already have their new softshell jumper style coats - the ones we got makes it much easier for us cleaning them up after a walk, as well as keeping them warm and dry.

The cats may be getting a new multi level bed tree / scratching post from Lidl if there are any left.
The small furries get some extra treats - forage for buns / pigs, grapes (from the garden) for chipmunks.

Sometimes it is easier to buy for the dogs / cats of friends than for the person - so often they get a ball or catnip mouse and a pack of high quality treats.

I don't think it's weird to do so but I don't for mine :) We don't even decorate for Christmas so they don't need to know any different! :twisted:

The girls have a box full of presents that have been wrapped. The gerbil also has presents wrapped and I brought a couple things for my sisters guinea pigs and hamster.

Who else buys for their pets? Everyone thinks I'm weird for doing so.

I don't think you're weird at all - my pets even buy *me* presents, sometimes :D

I'm more interested in what they buy me - mommy & daddy get gifts from the bunnies (Christmas, Mothers / Fathers Day / Easter & Birthdays). My parents give & receive gifts to / from "their grandchildren" :lol:

I haven't got mine anything yet, they haven't written a list so I'm stuck for ideas.What are Daphne & Phoebe getting?

We do - we didn't last year and I felt awful. So this year we have them a few bits but not wrapping them - I wanted to get them a stocking each but couldn't find any that I liked haha

No - not since they stopped giving me a Happy Mothers Day card the little tinkers :lol:

The buns will get special Christmas Crackers though on Christmas Day and the dogs will be allowed to chew on something that I normally take off them - a toilet roll or something like that. They do get so many toys through out the year - in my house Christmas is about the adults, not the 'kids' ....:lol:

I'm more interested in what they buy me - mommy & daddy get gifts from the bunnies (Christmas, Mothers / Fathers Day / Easter & Birthdays). My parents give & receive gifts to / from "their grandchildren" [emoji38]

I haven't got mine anything yet, they haven't written a list so I'm stuck for ideas.What are Daphne & Phoebe getting?

I now need to ensure I get mothers and fathers day gifts... Will surprise OH on fathers day... see if he freaks out lol.
They've got two tree treats, two bags of forage, hay cracker, two bags of Christmas star treats. Jethro has a bag of treats and two different chew toys (as I type this he is climbing all over me) [emoji38]

Yes definately ! their stockings are hanging up already :D they never forget mummy either [emoji38]

I'm glad they never forget mummy. After everything she does for them all year xx

We do - we didn't last year and I felt awful. So this year we have them a few bits but not wrapping them - I wanted to get them a stocking each but couldn't find any that I liked haha

I'm going to be making stocking hopefully soon. I got the fabric... just need to get around to actually making them.
Daphne interrupted us while we were wrapping them... she starting clawing at chewing at them trying to get it undone.

No - not since they stopped giving me a Happy Mothers Day card the little tinkers [emoji38]

The buns will get special Christmas Crackers though on Christmas Day and the dogs will be allowed to chew on something that I normally take off them - a toilet roll or something like that. They do get so many toys through out the year - in my house Christmas is about the adults, not the 'kids' ....[emoji38]

:O I can't believe they stopped. The cheek of them [emoji38]
I'm sure they'll appreciate the special crackers and I'm sure the dogs will keep begging for more to chew ;) x

I shamefully admit that wee Jenna gets presents more days than just Christmas. She almost has more toys and clothes than I do! :lol:

I think it's a great thing to do even if pets have little concept of 'holidays'. Supposedly, neither do young children and babies but most folks would be shocked if you didn't give them something. That being said, my ex and I got all sorts of grief from family for buying Christmas gifts for our son when he was born because he was barely a month old by that time and "wouldn't even know it was Christmas." So what? :? Heck, I wish we still had the little things we gave him then but they've long since been lost. :(

My pets sometimes appreciate my efforts far and away better than my kids do these days! :lol:

Yes, although we draw the line at wrapping them! They buy presents for us too. It's a bit of a family tradition, as my parents' dogs over the years have always given me a present too. When I was a kid the dog even used to bring it to me. :lol:

I'm buying a rather 0TT bale of hay. It's apparently special hay which comes from Scotland and, wait for it, costs £22 a bale :shock: Have I lost my senses? They will all be able to have a few handfuls on Christmas Day. I just hope it doesn't put them off their usual "cheaper" hay at £6 a bale, which I think is dear enough. I am not sure how I will pick said bale up yet as it's being ordered by somebody on Just Bunnies Forum. I expect they will let me know.

Rhodri will be having a stocking - I've bought some treats to put in it and he's also having a new bed and a new collar.

I was talking with someone the other day and he asked if I whisper when I'm talking about what I'm buying the dog for Christmas and I do - as if he can understand :lol::lol:

Yes, although we draw the line at wrapping them! They buy presents for us too. It's a bit of a family tradition, as my parents' dogs over the years have always given me a present too. When I was a kid the dog even used to bring it to me. [emoji38]
I love watching the girls rip them open. I normally wrap the present in hay too so they'll open it and nibble on the hay too. Great fun to watch :)
I love that the dog used to give you presents as a kid - such a sweet memory :love:
I shamefully admit that wee Jenna gets presents more days than just Christmas. She almost has more toys and clothes than I do! [emoji38]

I think it's a great thing to do even if pets have little concept of 'holidays'. Supposedly, neither do young children and babies but most folks would be shocked if you didn't give them something. That being said, my ex and I got all sorts of grief from family for buying Christmas gifts for our son when he was born because he was barely a month old by that time and "wouldn't even know it was Christmas." So what? :? Heck, I wish we still had the little things we gave him then but they've long since been lost. :(

My pets sometimes appreciate my efforts far and away better than my kids do these days! [emoji38]
Completely agree with you RE: babies and holidays.
I don't remember any Christmases until I was about 5yrs old and even then it's incredibly difficult to remember that.

The girls get birthday presents and Christmas presents. Birthday presents is normally just a hay ball to play with and munch together. :)

I'm buying a rather 0TT bale of hay. It's apparently special hay which comes from Scotland and, wait for it, costs £22 a bale :shock: Have I lost my senses? They will all be able to have a few handfuls on Christmas Day. I just hope it doesn't put them off their usual "cheaper" hay at £6 a bale, which I think is dear enough. I am not sure how I will pick said bale up yet as it's being ordered by somebody on Just Bunnies Forum. I expect they will let me know.

I'll bet they prefer their cheap hay over the expensive stuff. Being bunnies it's expected that they should ruin your surprise by being ungrateful. Please let us know if they enjoy it :) Pictures are welcome too if you're able to.

Rhodri will be having a stocking - I've bought some treats to put in it and he's also having a new bed and a new collar.

I was talking with someone the other day and he asked if I whisper when I'm talking about what I'm buying the dog for Christmas and I do - as if he can understand [emoji38][emoji38]

Awh lucky Rhodri. How is the little pupper getting on? I think we're due more pictures.
We don't whisper, but we definately use a code so they don't know what we're talking about.
I've got Shadow a little cuddly teddy and wrapped it up for him. It's his last Christmas so he had his main present a few months ago so he was able to enjoy them.

Awh lucky Rhodri. How is the little pupper getting on? I think we're due more pictures.

Rhodri is wonderful - not so much of a puppy anymore, he was two in November! I'd love to post some pictures but since Photobucket no longer works, I'm really struggling. I've tried Imgur but I can't seem to manage it - I'm not very technical. I'll have to try again when I have more time.

Rhodri is wonderful - not so much of a puppy anymore, he was two in November! I'd love to post some pictures but since Photobucket no longer works, I'm really struggling. I've tried Imgur but I can't seem to manage it - I'm not very technical. I'll have to try again when I have more time.

He will always be a puppy to me ;)
You're welcome to email them to me and I can post them on your behalf if you'd prefer x

Back