• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weaving willow toys - easier than you might think!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone :wave:

I was wondering if anyone has tried weaving willow toys for their rabbits before - I learnt willow weaving this week at work and it was so much easier than I expected! None of the team had tried it before but we all managed to weave a giant vegetable sculpture that was recognisable as what it was meant to be :lol:

Sadly I don't have rabbits any more so can't put this to use myself but I was amazed how easy it would be to knock up some balls/twisty shapes/whatever to keep the little furries busy. If you want to try it the easiest way is to harvest some fresh willow yourself and weave it while it's still flexible. Otherwise you can buy cut willow but you'll have to soak it before you use it to soften it up.

Have fun :wave:

My best mate has asked if we can make some willow hearts for her: I said she'd have to wait until the leaves were off so the bunnies didn't get jealous! Now seems like as good a time as any :D

Back