• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi I am new to the board.

Toby

Banned
Hello there, me and Toby are new to the board. I am Emma and my fellow Rabbit friend is Toby. I am 23 years old and Toby is 12 years old. I use to be a breeder and was the proud owner of 8 rabbits - I bred Toby myself from my own stock, so I have known him all his life. However I have not been a breeder for some years now and only own Toby that stays with my boyfriend and me indoors. Toby's Grandmother was once on "The Big Breakfast" (morning programme) some years ago. She was a Harlequin breed. Well I am glad to see there is a place where other bunny-lovers can chat - there are a lot of beautiful rabbits here.

Hi Toby :wave: :)

He looks a big fella, certainly does not look 12 years old, whats your secret? He is beautiful

Thank Guys - you also have beautiful bunnies. I love the lops they are soo cute :)

Some people think Toby is a chinchilla rabbit because of his coat, but his not. He reminds me more of Bugs Bunny because of his colouring.

Danny: No secret really. His a Cross breed so I think that helps a little. His not a big eater, and his always been slim.

He also has a pleasant character; he licks, nudges and he also like to play "Nose to nose" with fellow human friends :) that is so sweet but really tickles your face. His even followed me to college before.

:lol:

Hi and welcome!!!!!
toby you look like my miffy!
b18fb8f6a7833270acb738a593ff8f18.JPG

b4910d6bdbafef9b56eb66e96f402715.JPG

blimey. separated at birth! well, and some time travel for the huge age gap i guess. well done toby for reaching 12 years!

Hey bluebunny, your miffy looks stunning. Toby looked like that (but with a slightly broader face) when he was younger :)
Tobys 12 years and still very active, bounces about like no ones business. However because of his age I do tend to take him to the vet every now and again for check ups. His not really ever had a health problem but as his getting older (even thought he doesn’t like to show it :) ) I like to check if his ok. It’s still hard to believe I was only 11 years old myself when he was born! I am hoping to get some better pix of him soon

What breed is toby? miffys mum was a nz white,her dad a chin lion head she is the same sizeas my standad rex.

Toby is a cross-breed. His mother was a Harlequin breed (White and silver), the father (black) was cross breed with a Satin (i think). When he was born he was in a litter of only 3, 1 female (white and silver), 1 male (black) and Toby slate blue/Silver. He was also born in Grimsby :)

Just saying a rather belated "Hello" :)
Wow a bunny of 12yrs! that is truely amazing! You must be doing something good :)

Thank you :) I hope I am :) But It really does worry me that rabbits hide their illness (as it does with you all). I am thinking of taking Toby to the vets soon for a check up, and make it a regular thing. By the way.... any of you guys know of a vet that deals specially in rabbits in the surrey area :?:

emma & toby.

Hi emma & toby...I was going to ask you if he was a chinchilla but you have already answered that question...he,s gorgeous and well done for getting him to twelve years old...I have a little dutch girl, Ruby who is eleven, apart from being a bit overweight (she,s supposed to be on a diet but! ) she spends most of her time in her hutch with her partner smokey, they are so happy together, I also have rubies nephew rolo he,s ten & a dutch cross boy...welcome to the forum from shan & the furry people.

Back