• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panic last night

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Last night I went to feed Toby and Millie and Toby usually zooms and binkies like a mad bunny. I went to put their food down and Millie ate but Toby would not eat! I spent the whole night worrying omg has he got gas, has he got a stomach impaction, omg what if he has bloat. I was in full panic mode just about to call out of hour vet when my husband said he fed them both earlier and Toby is full. I said I don't believe Toby is full as he's so greedy. He said he would of eaten most of Millies food and that's why she would be the only one eating. So I got up in the night to feed Toby as a test. He started flying abd zooming and honking for his food. :, ( I feel so mentally drained. I went into full melt down last night. My buns are one year old and I would like to have elment free buns for at least a couple of years . I've always had poorly rabbits with different conditions so I suppose the thought of my baby bunnies getting poorly gives me massive anxiety. :, (

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'd be surprised at 'full' as well and want to check! Aboleth sometimes doesn't eat the tastiest thing we've given her and wanders off, but usually because she's bored with it and wants something else: neither of mine could ever be described as something other than greedy!

It has happened here in the past that I have called mine to have supper (served in the shed) and they haven't come :shock: I now check as it is usually the fact that a tasty branch has been given to them by my OH in the part of the run that I can't see from the shed. I've gone round to check and there they are happily munching away :) Otherwise we have a rule that for routine food I do the feeding.

Back