• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Are Your Favourite Bunny Boredom Breakers?

Beapig

Mama Doe
Hello everybun :wave:

Being a relatively new bunny owner, I was wondering if anyone on here has any recommendations of favourite products for bunnies to keep them entertained throughout the day?

Ham and Bea have a lot of space to run around in their 8x10ft run, but all they have in terms of toys are a few tree stumps to climb on, a couple of balls with bells inside and a terracotta pipe to run though (it isn't very long though).

I want to make sure they have lots to do throughout the day at times when they aren't eating. I see that a lot of people make sand baths for bunnies to roll around in. Does anyone have any recommendations of products on the market or DIY toys that I could make myself? :)

Treat balls gave always gone down well with mine, I put the pellet ration inside and it makes it last longer. I wouldn't recommend for newly bonded bunnies as there might be tension. Scatter feeding adds interest though. Willow balls to chew are quite good, and the chill and chew type mats.

I got three plastic tubes from pets at home, (although they are cheaper on ebay) you can screw them together to make a very long tube and bend it into any shape you want - mine love that.

I am lucky enough to be able to let my four out for about two hours a day (tiny garden, damage limitation) for free range time which they absolutely love. I notice that they will stand on their hind legs to get to bushes so perhaps hang some treats up for them on sisal string.

Loo rolls with hay and treats inside. Egg boxes with treats inside (my hamsters love those too). Tunnels of any kind. A cardboard box to investigate.

Really just giving them new things regularly helps to stimulate them. Best of luck finding fun things for them.

Mine like their feeding line, sisal board and forage box.

The forage box is just an underbed storage box filled with hay and dried herbs mixed in.

I've attached pictures of their other boredom breakers.
cdfb7132d5a46987c025b7c6868e2d2d.jpg
a4745f96dc7e382d32c26f33a883471b.jpg
cde211b9ee040f5d266f3868fa0c9f7f.jpg
e6f531331b58ec7110f3afce9bea0fab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

My favourites: sticks; tunnels; raised surfaces (ledges, stools etc.); hideyholes; putting food in weird, hard-to-reach places; large willow balls; balls with bells; hay in toilet roll tubes; treat balls (but not with the two of them, that's just asking for trouble :lol:)

Bunnies' favourites: tunnels; small and large balls made of willow or sea hyacinth; sticks; rolled up newspaper; newspaper on the floor :roll:; raised areas (including the hay rack :roll:; throwing objects.

Thank you everyone, I love all of these suggestions! Daphne phoebe, thank you for sharing some pictures, your bunnies are sooo beautiful :love: I am really loving all of these ideas, I'm definitely going to try some of them out!

Don't forget the hay, a lot of my rabbits will spend many hours eating it, and once through a tunnel is enough! :lol:

Back