• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sable *Update 29/11/17*

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
I've tried to write this thread about three times but kept deleting ... so finally here it is:

As some of you know, Sable has again been fostered by the very kind Catherine.
I have been very worried about how and if I was ever going to be fit enough to look after her again as I seem to be making so little progress.

Events moved on. Catherine's rabbit situation changed a little ... and she put forward the offer to keep Sable with her and - hopefully - find her another companion. How kind is that!

A very difficult decision, lots of tears, but I have put Sable's interests first, and she is staying with Catherine - who is in the throes of trying to find a mate for her. She deserves and needs that - she had been with Bobby since they were 6 weeks old and to be suddenly left on her own, at her age (10/11) obviously hit her very hard.

I've tried to write this thread about three times but kept deleting ... so finally here it is:

I have been very worried about how and if I was ever going to be fit enough to look after her again as I seem to be making so little progress.

Events moved on. Catherine's rabbit situation changed a little ... and she put forward the offer to keep Sable with her and - hopefully - find her another companion. How kind is that!

A very difficult decision, lots of tears, but I have put Sable's interests first, and she is staying with Catherine - who is in the throes of trying to find a mate for her. She deserves and needs that - she had been with Bobby since they were 6 weeks old and to be suddenly left on her own, at her age (10/11) obviously hit her very hard.

You already know my thoughts on the extremely courageous and selfless decision you have made for Sable. Sending you lots of supportive hugs, Sable has been lucky to have you in her life. Rehoming her to Catherine is not letting Sable down, it is exactly the opposite.

Whilst I can really understand how hard this is for you, it is wonderful news for Sable. You also know how well she is and will be looked after by Catherine and I'm sure you will get very regular updates. Exciting times for Sable :love:

I know how hard it will have been for you to give her up, having had to do the same myself with Pumpkin :cry: you’ve made the very selfless decision with her best interests in mind. I hope that the fact you will be able to get updates on her will ease things a little. She will have a great home with Catherine :love:

I’m only a PM away if I can be of any support. Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

As you know, I fully support you in your decision :)

I can imagine how heartbreaking this is for you, but you are putting Sable first, and that is a very selfless act on your part.

I agree, an older lady needs a companion, and I really hope Catherine has some luck with the Rescues :)

I know it's been very tough for you. At least Sable already knows Catherine and her garden etc, so it wouldn't be a traumatic change for Sable, she would have settled straightaway. Fingers crossed for a new friend soon. Xxx

You're very kind and brave. What a lucky bunny Sable is.
I hope you can take some comfort knowing that you've done the best for her.
Hugs x

What an incredibly difficult decision this must have been. (((((Huge hugs))))))
I think you are such a very brave person to do this for your bun. It's always been impossible for me to ever consider rehoming any of my animal companions, but I do not face your challenges. I hope that things will turn around for you, Babsie, you've had to endure so very much heartache. xxxxx

Just a note to say that Sable is doing well. She is much quieter on her own than when she was bonded to Bobby, and so with that in mind....

....can everyone keep their fingers crossed as she is meeting a nice bun this weekend who wants to be her toy boy :D

Just a note to say that Sable is doing well. She is much quieter on her own than when she was bonded to Bobby, and so with that in mind....

....can everyone keep their fingers crossed as she is meeting a nice bun this weekend who wants to be her toy boy
:D

Ooo Sable, get your glad rags on girl !! Us ladies of a certain age can teach the young Bucks a thing or two ;) :lol:

I'm not working on Saturday if you need any help bonding, Catherine? I really hope it works out as Sable is such a lovely, friendly bun :love:

Ooo Sable, get your glad rags on girl !! Us ladies of a certain age can teach the young Bucks a thing or two ;) :lol:

Yes, I've taught her well!
I hardly dare think about it as I so want her to have another husbun. She is such a beautiful girlie and became very withdrawn after Bobby died. I hope this doesn't come out as aggression.

You might know that I've been scouring the Rescues trying to guess who you have in mind!
Oh babsie I'm really glad sable Is staying with Catherine! Couldn't ask for a better home <3 now you can concentrate on getting better xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

....can everyone keep their fingers crossed as she is meeting a nice bun this weekend who wants to be her toy boy :D

Good luck :thumb:

Back