• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets - am I being ignored?

xlaurax

Mama Doe
Rant.

I've tried THREE TIMES to get hold of the vets to try and get some more Metacam for Bramble and I'm just being ignored. Each time the receptionist tells me a vet will call me back yet........ NOTHING!

We're waiting for test results and I know we're going to have to have her PTS so I want to keep her as comfortable as possible in the meantime. She has a couple of doses of Metacam left so I'm sending OH to the vets on his way to pick me up from work in the hope he can get some in person.

Poor little mite, she deserves better than this.

Hi, I had a similar problem in a similar situation, and just had to keep on hassling them - you're right - she does deserve better! I don't think they are ignoring you, just that they get very busy and side-tracked. Sending sympathy.

Hi, I had a similar problem in a similar situation, and just had to keep on hassling them - you're right - she does deserve better! I don't think they are ignoring you, just that they get very busy and side-tracked. Sending sympathy.

Thanks Sue. I think you're right. My OH keeps telling me "they have other animals to take care of" I'm not an unreasonable person so I understand that but it's hard isn't it when it's your own. I feel kinda bad hassling them but I want Bramble to be comfortable and that's my priority. Hopefully tonight we'll get somewhere :)

As said, they're likely being sidetracked.
Having worked as a VN I know exactly what vets are like and often they don't mean to but they'll need reminding 2 or 3 times a day to call clients.

Pop in person is normally easier. If she is to be PTS soon I don't see why they'd need the bloods to give her the metacam. I think pros would out weight cons in her case.

Sending lots of vibes x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I hope you've managed to get some Metacam from the vets. I agree it's easy to imagine you are being ignored, but in reality it's probably because they're just busy, or have an incompetent receptionist.

Rant.

I've tried THREE TIMES to get hold of the vets to try and get some more Metacam for Bramble and I'm just being ignored. Each time the receptionist tells me a vet will call me back yet........ NOTHING!

We're waiting for test results and I know we're going to have to have her PTS so I want to keep her as comfortable as possible in the meantime. She has a couple of doses of Metacam left so I'm sending OH to the vets on his way to pick me up from work in the hope he can get some in person.

Poor little mite, she deserves better than this.

Hi Laura

You don't need this on top of everything that's happening ..

I had this recently with my vet. I took in a urine sample, and for a week no-one rang me (despite me ringing to ask if it was being dealt with, and at least in the fridge if not). In the end I found it had never been put in the fridge and probably forgotten about.

You do have to pester sometimes!

Hugs for you x

Thank you everyone. Got there in the end. Sent OH in person.

The vet was lovely and very understanding. Even apologised for not calling back.

They're probably too busy to be as "on the ball" With returning phone calls etc but it just gets to me. I think it's getting to me more than it normally would because of the situation with Brams health. I'm a little bit quicker to rage than usual :)

Back