• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Boys

zarathustra

Warren Scout
I’ve posted a couple of topics about the boys over the last month or so, and I thought it was about time I introduced them to the group.

f367f17991e4a6f9163e60836dac369b.jpg

The handsome chap stood up is Spencer

c8dfb68c9c885d69481cc3b93ce04470.jpg

And this little scruff bucket showing of his belly is Frank.

No idea what breed Frank is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, these were taken the first weekend we had them.

Their play area has been extended with tunnels and stuff, which they really enjoy.

The both did their first rabbit dances for us yesterday while running about.

They are gorgeous rabbits :love:

I've always had a soft spot for Dutch rabbits, as my daughter had a very soppy one for many years, when she was a child. The little "scruff bucket" has very cute markings.

Were they bonded when you got them?

I’ve posted a couple of topics about the boys over the last month or so, and I thought it was about time I introduced them to the group.

f367f17991e4a6f9163e60836dac369b.jpg

The handsome chap stood up is Spencer

c8dfb68c9c885d69481cc3b93ce04470.jpg

And this little scruff bucket showing of his belly is Frank.

No idea what breed Frank is.

Handsome boys :love:

They are gorgeous rabbits :love:

I've always had a soft spot for Dutch rabbits, as my daughter had a very soppy one for many years, when she was a child. The little "scruff bucket" has very cute markings.

Were they bonded when you got them?

Thanks, yes they were up for adoption at Pets At Home.

They weren’t sold and moved to adoption so they could get some new rabbits out to display.

They are lovely little chaps, bigger now though. When we got them we were told Frank would be the bigger of the two, but Spencer is a little bit heavier (last weighed two weeks ago) but is much bigger.

They had a bit of a chase on Saturday morning, but other than that they’ve been great together. Always cuddling up, and grooming.

I’m not an expert of rabbit behaviour, but Spencer follows frank everywhere and is always putting his head down asking for some attention.

I do feel bad that we aren’t able to spend much time with them. I work 9-530, and my Mrs is a paramedic who works shifts. Currently their play area is a dog pen thing so I worry about them being out unless they’re being watched incase a cat takes interest.

The first thing I normally do is go and say good morning to them, and give them breakfast. And I always say good night and cover them up.

I did suggest we make them house rabbits, but my Mrs wasn’t keen on the idea.

Hopefully once we have a “proper” run we’ll be able to let them out later longer, especially if I work out a way to connect the hutch to the run then they’ll be able to come and go as they please.

Last edited:
Beautiful little chaps. Frank is definately the attention seeker. He's got mischief written all over his furry little belly. :love:

Beautiful little chaps. Frank is definately the attention seeker. He's got mischief written all over his furry little belly. :love:

Oh he definitely is.

Whenever he looks at you, you can tell he’s planning some form of mischief. Normally trying to make a break for freedom.

Twice this morning Frank made a break for freedom. It wasn’t until he saw spencer eating that he decided to come back the second time

Back