• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Has he had the snip?

jredk04

Warren Scout
hi there

took Jack (probably a french lop) to the vets this morning for his first jab.

Asked the vet if he was ready to be neutered. Well, we couldn't find his testicles.... which means (i think)

a) they haven't dropped
b) he's been neutered already.

any ideas on how i can tell or should i just wait a couple of months as i understand that bigger buns may take longer. he is currently the size of an adult dwarf lop.

i also asked the vet to age him but he said he didn't have enough experience (by the way, he's only vaccinating Jack, i'm opting for another vet to do the more serious stuff).

thanks in advance

I took Mr Bump, then known as bunnykins to the vet to have "her" op only to find out she was a he (hence the name change) :lol:

When I got "him" I had been told "he" was a she and just took the word for it (that'll teach me to buy from a pet shop!!)

lol Beck!! :lol:

hmmm those sexing pics dont help me much... they look same to me!! lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mind you "Mubby" could be a boy or girls name! :lol:

thanks for this link - i've seen this before, but naively thought it wouldn't apply to me as i was relying on those more experienced than myself! doh. :lol: anyway, i'm determined to get to the 'bottom of this' and if i have to, i'll be taking pics & asking for some help! you've been warned!!! :!: :lol: :lol:

Well, in most males around 14-16 weeks their testicles drop which makes it much more obvious. Does Mubby have his yet? You know peanuts still in the shells? They look abit like that but pink, they might be abit bigger in a bun Mubbies size though :D

Tam

Tamsin said:
Well, in most males around 14-16 weeks their testicles drop which makes it much more obvious. Does Mubby have his yet? You know peanuts still in the shells? They look abit like that but pink, they might be abit bigger in a bun Mubbies size though :D[Tam

Oh Tamsin, how could you :wink: . At the moment poor Mubby will be turned upside down while his wacky mummy Nicola takes photos of his 'peanuts' to show us :lol: :wink:

Tamsin said:
Well, in most males around 14-16 weeks their testicles drop which makes it much more obvious. Does Mubby have his yet? You know peanuts still in the shells? They look abit like that but pink, they might be abit bigger in a bun Mubbies size though :D

Tam

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I havent looked at his BITS!! :oops:

well not closely! lol :oops:

Lynn said:
Oh Tamsin, how could you :wink: . At the moment poor Mubby will be turned upside down while his wacky mummy Nicola takes photos of his 'peanuts' to show us :lol: :wink:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

well i was just thinking how i could do that! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

all i can see is fluff!!! lol

ok ill go take some pics....

and pics of my arms when he scratches me to death!!! :lol:

watch this space!! lol :lol:

Lynn said:
Mubby said:
I havent looked at his BITS!! :oops:

well not closely! lol :oops:

Phew, thank goodness - I was worried they would be on the front on the next Christmas card :wink: :lol:

thats a great idea!!! well ..

I could put his face on teh front...his bum on the back!! lol :lol: :D :wink:

what have we started? our poor buns :lol:

well, i'm still non the wiser...

maleorfemale018.jpg

maleorfemale016.jpg

have i got enough detail? the 'tip' does look rounded to me but i'm SO not an expert.

i've a terrible feeling we're going to have to take some more pics.....

anyway, thanks for looking!

don't think it was too much of an ordeal for him/her, all snuggled up in my arms. (thanks becks and tamsin for pointers on how to handle my bun as i'm getting much more confident)...

snuggles020.jpg

quite relaxed!

I think the best thing to do would be to pop him in the post to me so I can have a closer look :D

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, me wanna kidnap!

Ahum um err, well he looks like a boy to me but I've no expert so we'll wait for Sue.

Tam

snuggles020.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how cuteeeeeeeeee!!! :D

at least you can see his / her erm...y know ! :oops:

all i see on mubby is FLUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks!

re: age...
well, the rescue guessed at 12months but i think all the rabbits were '12 months' so we really don't know.
we're told he's a french lop.
at the moment, he's the size of an adult dwarf lop. he's got huge feet and a massive head! my gut is that he's younger than 12 months. but i've no experience to base this on.

i'll be chuffed if he is a male as it was always my intention to get a male. to be a house bun. 1st rabbit and all that.

(and now, having got him home i'd be much happier if he is male as if in the future i want to bond him (and feel confident enough), i know it would be easier bringing home a ladyfriend! ..............rabbit fever is catching! :lol: )

Back