• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Courgettes and litter tray

Can rabbits have courgette please?

Do you think if I make a polite notice asking Cuthbert not to sleep in his litter tray, he would listen to me?

Thank you :D

Yes, they might not like Courgette though.

No, to the polite notice, he'd probably eat it :lol: I find that rabbits tend to like to sleep in their litter tray. I guess it has something to do with feeling secure in their territory.

I can only get 1 guinea pig to eat courgettes. The rest of the piggies and buns ignore it. Not that keen on them myself, either.

Some of my 5 love courgettes, well Lavender and Jet do. Piper, Dave and Lucy don't, Mind you, Lav and Jet pretty much scoff anything the little piggies.
Speaking of piggies, I lost my last little guinea pig Teddy a few weeks ago. He was over 6 1/2. Im not getting any more as the children aren't really interested and the rabbits take up all my attention. But I am missing having my 'piggy' bowl I used to put all the vegetable cut offs in, especially the peppers they so loved. The rabbits just don't eat some of them. So it's into the compost, but Ive had Guineas for so long, it's really strange not saving it all 😒

Some of my 5 love courgettes, well Lavender and Jet do. Piper, Dave and Lucy don't, Mind you, Lav and Jet pretty much scoff anything the little piggies.
Speaking of piggies, I lost my last little guinea pig Teddy a few weeks ago. He was over 6 1/2. Im not getting any more as the children aren't really interested and the rabbits take up all my attention. But I am missing having my 'piggy' bowl I used to put all the vegetable cut offs in, especially the peppers they so loved. The rabbits just don't eat some of them. So it's into the compost, but Ive had Guineas for so long, it's really strange not saving it all ��

So sorry to hear about Teddy, xxx

Speaking of piggies, I lost my last little guinea pig Teddy a few weeks ago. He was over 6 1/2. Im not getting any more as the children aren't really interested and the rabbits take up all my attention. But I am missing having my 'piggy' bowl I used to put all the vegetable cut offs in, especially the peppers they so loved. The rabbits just don't eat some of them. So it's into the compost, but Ive had Guineas for so long, it's really strange not saving it all 😒

So sorry to hear about Teddy :(

I think because my rabbits don't get treats, they regards courgettes as 'different' and therefore a welcome change from hay and forage :lol:

Back