• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well - that’s it for River now

catherine09

Mama Doe
I’ve decided to stop all attempts to bond her. She’s had 12 failed bonds and none of them have explicitly said so but three of the rescues that have tried her are not committing to trying again with her. As a last resort I tried my local RSPCA who tried her this week, again just turned into a huge fight

Feel so depressed as I’ve tried so hard. It’s not fair on her to keep her outside on her own all the time.

I’m so sorry :cry: I think I remember that you can’t have her as an indoor rabbit due to allergies?

Some bunnies don't like their own kind like Mr B, we kept him single after 3 or 4 failed bonds, can't remember how many failed bonds he had with ARC.

I'm sorry - she definitely puts paid to the notion that there is a rabbit for everybun. So I guess you have the difficult choice of leaving her how she is or rehoming her as a housebun? I know you are not happy with her being alone & outside but does she exhibit happy behaviours?- I know you'll have a fab set up for herx

No. I can’t have her indoors. Rabbits set my OH asthma off and he cant breathe. He can just about manage 2 nights when bonding but even then he hardly sleeps :(

She’s happy outside and binkies etc, but she gets so excited when anyone goes near her and laps up the attention. I think she would make a really lovely house bun. She’s not very destructive and litter trained and just is wonderful. I could keep her outside with lots of stimulation but I don’t think it would ever be as good as a free range indoor bun. Ugh :(

I'm so sorry, Catherine. She is such a delightful little rabbit and, as you say, would make a wonderful indoor free range bunny. x

I'm sorry Catherine. I know how much you love her. You have certainly tried incredibly hard to find her a partner. I guess some bunnies just don't want to live with other bunnies.

Do not rule out River as a house bun. Could your partner try a natural allergy supplement caled Quercetin. I have sports asthma and it made a big differenceto my airways when I was running. Plus has other health benefits too. I used the Now Foods Quecrtin with Bromelain . Its safe long term unlike pharmaceutical has no side effects. Could be worth a try.

For two decades, quercetin has claimed nutritional fame as the most potent natural anti-histamine available. Numerous studies have demonstrated that quercetin reduces allergic immune response by modulating inflammatory signals at the gene level. A new animal study demonstrates that a single dose of quercetin can have a potent bronchodilator effect, offering a potential strategy for people with asthma looking for natural ways to help assist them.

Hyperactivity of the airways is a major problem in allergic asthma. In this study scientists induced experimental*allergic asthma*in guinea pigs. A single dose of quercetin significantly reduced the allergic airway response. The dose used was approximately 500 mg of quercetin per 50 pounds of weight. In other words, adults could try 1,500 mg to 2,000 mg as a single dose to see if it helps calm down allergy related breathing problems.

Quercetin has always excelled in the pollen season as well as the flu season. It continues to demonstrate a wide range of helpful immune system support properties. Any person struggling with any type of allergy should always give quercetin a try.

Hi - sadly anti histamines have no effect. He is not allergic to the bunnies, but either their fur or the hay provoke his asthma quite severely. We’ve tried AH in the past as our guinea pigs used to live indoors and in the end we had to move them out to a heated shed.

Do not rule out River as a house bun. Could your partner try a natural allergy supplement caled Quercetin. I have sports asthma and it made a big differenceto my airways when I was running. Plus has other health benefits too. I used the Now Foods Quecrtin with Bromelain . Its safe long term unlike pharmaceutical has no side effects. Could be worth a try.

For two decades, quercetin has claimed nutritional fame as the most potent natural anti-histamine available. Numerous studies have demonstrated that quercetin reduces allergic immune response by modulating inflammatory signals at the gene level. A new animal study demonstrates that a single dose of quercetin can have a potent bronchodilator effect, offering a potential strategy for people with asthma looking for natural ways to help assist them.

Hyperactivity of the airways is a major problem in allergic asthma. In this study scientists induced experimental*allergic asthma*in guinea pigs. A single dose of quercetin significantly reduced the allergic airway response. The dose used was approximately 500 mg of quercetin per 50 pounds of weight. In other words, adults could try 1,500 mg to 2,000 mg as a single dose to see if it helps calm down allergy related breathing problems.

Quercetin has always excelled in the pollen season as well as the flu season. It continues to demonstrate a wide range of helpful immune system support properties. Any person struggling with any type of allergy should always give quercetin a try.

This is really interesting Nicky, thank you for posting :)

This is really interesting Nicky, thank you for posting :)

I agree :thumb: Thank you for sharing this Nicky. I have a very dodgy immune system and have found that antihistamines hardly ever work and if they do the effect is minimal even with large doses.

I will look into this.

Back