• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi,

holliesmum

New Kit
I would like to say Hi to everyone.
I curently foster rabbits of all ages. I currently have 7, 4 of them babies.!
I find this forum very informative.

Welcome to the forum :D Do you have bunnies of your own as well?

Which rescue are you fostering for?

Tam

Hiya,

thanks for welcoming me..!

I dont work for a charity or rescue org. I do this in my own back garden, which luckily is quite big (about 70ft long by about 20 wide) and has 7 foot brick wall all the way round. I never intentionally started to rescue it just happened.. I got one rabbit about 5 years ago. He is still the boss!! Then someone asked me to mind thiers while on holiday and it took off from there. I decided to get another rabbit which sadly died, Then the vet called me as I foster for them. I went to pick up 1 baby...ended up with 2. I have just taken on 4 babies from a lady who bred for greed.. "£10 each bunny"..
It just goes on, and I cant believe how many people class rabbits as "summer" pets and discard to the bottom of the garden along with their summer furniture to be forgotten about. I dont belive in keeping my rabbits in hutches all day so they have the run of the garden and kitchen along with my springer spaniel who has to face facts that she can never have meal alone with out one of them helping her eat it..!!!!

Hiya :wave:

Glad you could join us... we really need to see pics, not just of the buns but the woofer too :D :wink:

The rabbits are called Fluffy, Georgia and Libby. the babies havent got names yet... My Springer is called Hollie....

Any help with names for the 4 babies would be well appreciated..!

holliesmum said:
The rabbits are called Fluffy, Georgia and Libby. the babies havent got names yet... My Springer is called Hollie....[/quote]

Ah hence 'Holliesmum',

cute names, I bet your springer is a real 'big mum' to your buns. I am sure you will be unindated with bunny names

Hi there, your garden sounds like heaven! wow, I'd love to see a pic of your spaniel. i grew up with lots of animals, including my dog, sam spaniel. big soppy thing that was 'selectively' deaf! sadly he's no longer with us but he'll always be my dog if you know what i mean.

My springer is defo not the leader of the pack in our garden...!!! The rabbits have adopted the saying "whats Hollies is theirs whats theirs is thier own"..!!!

As for your springer (passed) being selectivly deaf... Ive yet to meet one who isnt..!!!

One of the babies have died, which is no shock as they are all very thin. they look fluffy but when I handle them all I can feel is skin and bone inder the fur. I get the feeling taht they were taken away form the mother sooner than they should have been as when we rescued them the mother was not even in the hutch.. Sad but greed does cosume some people..

Sorry to hear this Holliesmum, how are the other 3 doing?

I did think of 2 names for you for the girlies, Tamsin and Adele :D :lol: after the creaters of this ADDICTIVE forum but you might have to ask their permission first :)

Hi :waver:

Your animals sound great. Sorry to hear about the poor baby bunny. Hope the others are okay.

Back