• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue eyes

I will be collecting my 7 week old bunny on Tuesday she is white with blue eyes but I have heard a rumour that her eyes won't stay blue and will change coulor when she grows up is this true?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

People said that about my daughter but her eyes are still blue at age 35!

I don't know about rabbits. I'd expect the eyes to stay blue, though.

One of my rabbits is white with blue eyes, she is approx 3 years old so I'd expect them to stay blue :)

The eye colour will remain :) My 11 and a half year old blue-eyed-white still has the stunning blue eyes she was born with :love:

Her eyes may be more sensitive to sunlight than brown eyed bunnies though (just something to be aware of).

One of my adult Blue eyed whites, Endeavour

VIB7YPc.jpg

My Yuki Doodle is 3 and a half, and has the loveliest blue eyes. He's mostly white, with a few agouti patches. He was rescued by Honeybunnies almost a year ago to the day now. :)

My Athena (chinchilla otter lionhead x) meanwhile, I've had from about 5 months. Her eyes were a sky blue, but they turned grey by the time she was about a year old. She probably did it on purpose to become a true 'grey-eyed Athena.' ;) She turned 3 last month.

Back