• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They Left me the Gift of Memories Which Can Make me Smile

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I hope that they make you smile too

Tess

2uTgQIh.jpg

Sir Victor & Lady Lydia

jlxPZdk.jpg

kEjqs5R.jpg

lFrFu17.jpg

Nomad & Fred

JjsX69U.jpg

Inspector Morse

LudrZcs.jpg

Thank you

I am feeling the loss of so many Rabbits over the years a lot at the moment. I think losing Elyse last week has yet again re-awakened the grief of all past losses. Over 120 of them since 1998.

I know that we have to accept that no living being can go on forever, that our Pets usually have a shorted lifespan than our own. But knowing all that does not negate the pain of loss when loss occurs. My Rabbits have been my life for almost 20 years. Infact I know for certain I'd be dead myself by now if it were not for my Rabbits. They are my true 'Family', far more so than any human relatives I may have.

Sorry for going on a bit there .............:oops:

Such lovely photos - I can only access them when I am at work, not at home, no idea why.

I wish I had taken more photos of my pets. You have the gift of showing their personalities through your photos.

My animals are my family too :love:

Thank you

I am feeling the loss of so many Rabbits over the years a lot at the moment. I think losing Elyse last week has yet again re-awakened the grief of all past losses. Over 120 of them since 1998.

I know that we have to accept that no living being can go on forever, that our Pets usually have a shorted lifespan than our own. But knowing all that does not negate the pain of loss when loss occurs. My Rabbits have been my life for almost 20 years. Infact I know for certain I'd be dead myself by now if it were not for my Rabbits. They are my true 'Family', far more so than any human relatives I may have.

Sorry for going on a bit there .............:oops:

What beautiful pictures :love:

I can understand this, I've been going through the same re-awakening of grief after losing pets. It's weird in a way because we have a pretty good idea of what their lifespan will be when we get them, but like you said, that doesn't really help lessen the blow. It's difficult with them not being a part of my life anymore. I like to think (to quote a book character) "But our lives aren't just measured in years. They're measured in the lives of people we touch around us". I feel like all my pets over the course of my whole life are still with me in this way. They touched me, and so they live on through me, both through memories and through helping to shape me into the person I am today. I'm a better person for knowing them, and that's not something that can be taken away.

And I know this is true for you too. Your pets saved your life. They might've had relatively short lives if you compare it to a human lifespan but their lives still meant something. I hope this is of some consolation to you like it is for me xx

Back