• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Severe Referred Agression

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
I am asking a for a friend. I had posted about when I was in Spain that a lovely girl rescued 2 buns from the local park . One bun is recovering from severe ring worm and is doing really reakly well and is at her grandmothers. She has a neutered Dutch female of her own . She has the REW she rescued in a different room from her Dutch. She says her Dutch has now got extremely agressive, has bit her, attacks her and is eatting furniture and wallpaper off the wall plus peeing every anx pooping everywhere where she was always well toilet trained. I know she is marking her territory. She us letting each of the buns have separate free range time anx they can't see each other. Her vet says as the the Dutch female is so aggressive she thinks it is wise to wait a while yet. Her vet also suggested taking her bun to the vets for week to get her used to other smells of other animals buns . Anyone any advice ??

Last edited:
I am asking a for a friend. I had posted about when I was in Spain that a lovely girl rescued 2 buns from the local park . One bun is recovering from severe ring worm and is doing really reakly well and is at her grandmothers. She has a neutered Dutch female of her own . She has the REW she rescued in a different room from her Dutch. She says her Dutch has now got extremely agressive, has bit her, attacks her and is eatting furniture and wallpaper off the wall plus peeing every anx pooping everywhere where she was always well toilet trained. I know she is marking her territory. She us letting each of the buns have separate free range time anx they can't see each other. Her vet says as the the Dutch female is so aggressive she thinks it is wise to wait a while yet. Her vet also suggested taking her bun to the vets for week to get her used to other smells of other animals buns . Anyone any advice ??

Is the Doe generally fit and well ?

The original rabbit does not want this other rabbit in her territory. Is the rescue rabbit a Doe?

Yes, the Doe is very territorial. No the rescue is a male who is sooooo docile, placid and laid back. I feel awful she is in this position now.

Are there any Rescues which could take the male bunny? Even though he is a Buck the female would probably still attack him - is she spayed?

Yes, the Doe is very territorial. No the rescue is a male who is sooooo docile, placid and laid back. I feel awful she is in this position now.

Nicky, please reassure her that it's not all doom and gloom.

One of my rabbits reacted very much the same when another rabbit came into the house, even though he was not in the same area of the house. Once that little Ben is neutered, she will be able to think of introducing them, if that's her plan, after several weeks.

I also found that my doe attacked this new boy I brought home mercilessly when he was in a large pen, and she made special trips to that part of the house just to be nasty to him.

When the time was right, I bonded them, and they quickly became inseparable. She was totally sad and bereft when he left her after a few years.

Some does are just like that - bossy madams, but their hearts are in the right place :love:

Toni bun, I think thd plan is for her to keep Ben so it's early days and she really loves Ben already but I think worst case if it came to it she could find a home as 2 people want the other rescue bun !

Thanks MM, I will copy and paste your reply to her to reassure her. If you have only ever had one bun and then another one creates unusual behaviour it's stressful as you don't know what's normal. Yes I find does are bossy ! Makes me feel sorry for the boys sometimes !

Toni bun, I think thd plan is for her to keep Ben so it's early days and she really loves Ben already but I think worst case if it came to it she could find a home as 2 people want the other rescue bun !

Thanks MM, I will copy and paste your reply to her to reassure her. If you have only ever had one bun and then another one creates unusual behaviour it's stressful as you don't know what's normal. Yes I find does are bossy ! Makes me feel sorry for the boys sometimes !

You know what ran through my mind .. Have another (longer) holiday Nicky and rehome *all* the park buns :lol:

But yes, does can be very bossy. They need to put the boys in their place pretty early on - a bit of hen-pecking :)

Aw you know what, I really wish I could MM. Before we left one on the little feisty white buns I was giving a bit of corriander to boxed my hands because I was hand feeding instead of dropping it! I think she will be safe from the children at least but I worry what the future holds for all of them.

I remember Oliver would have gently chanced his arm the odd time being boss with Rosie, one little peck from her and he knew his place, bless him, but he adored her anyway.

Back