• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do?

Sophie92x

Young Bun
I am at my wit's end, my two boys just cannot be bonded, Pancakes is too territorial and I am frightened he will hurt my smaller one he has hurt him before.
They are now living seperately but Noctis seems so lonely, all he wants is a friend.. unfortunately I do not have the space for a third rabbit :(

I am at my wit's end, my two boys just cannot be bonded, Pancakes is too territorial and I am frightened he will hurt my smaller one he has hurt him before.
They are now living seperately but Noctis seems so lonely, all he wants is a friend.. unfortunately I do not have the space for a third rabbit :(

Hello

I assume that both boys are neutered ? If so when was this done ? It can take several weeks for hormones to calm down after neutering.

As they have already had a fight causing injury then it is possible that they will never get along. If that were to be the case and you are unable to take on any more Rabbits then perhaps you could contact a Rescue to see if they could help by finding a spayed Doe for both boys and then you keep one of your Bucks and a Doe and the Rescue finds a new home for your other Buck and a Doe.

Rehoming one of your Bucks will obviously not be easy for you. But in the longterm it would mean that both Bucks have a friend they are happy with and you wont have the worry about keeping two Rabbits as singletons.

I hope that you can find a solution as I am sure the situation is very stressful and upsetting at the moment x

Hello

I assume that both boys are neutered ? If so when was this done ? It can take several weeks for hormones to calm down after neutering.

As they have already had a fight causing injury then it is possible that they will never get along. If that were to be the case and you are unable to take on any more Rabbits then perhaps you could contact a Rescue to see if they could help by finding a spayed Doe for both boys and then you keep one of your Bucks and a Doe and the Rescue finds a new home for your other Buck and a Doe.

Rehoming one of your Bucks will obviously not be easy for you. But in the longterm it would mean that both Bucks have a friend they are happy with and you wont have the worry about keeping two Rabbits as singletons.

I hope that you can find a solution as I am sure the situation is very stressful and upsetting at the moment x
Hi, both neutered, this was done a year ago! I have a feeling Pancakes will never accept Noctis. He constantly tries to bite him even when Noctis tries to groom him.
I'd feel terrible if I had to re-home Pancakes because he is such a lovely bun.. :(

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear this Sophie :(

Can you contact a Rescue and perhaps ask if they would assist you with the bonding?

If they take them on to bond (perhaps offer a donation) then they can assess the situation and advise you further of what can be done. It's much less stressful when they are away from you and someone else is dealing with the problem x

So sorry to hear this Sophie :(

Can you contact a Rescue and perhaps ask if they would assist you with the bonding?

If they take them on to bond (perhaps offer a donation) then they can assess the situation and advise you further of what can be done. It's much less stressful when they are away from you and someone else is dealing with the problem x
I have contacted a rescue and they gave us some advice but to no avail, Pancakes is extremely territorial, Noctis is getting to the point of becoming withdrawn when he's around Pancakes, it's so horrible to see

I agree with Jack's-Jane, it will be better for the bunnies and you if you can find a Rescue which will take one of your boys and maybe they will have a suitable female for your remaining bunny. It is sad as I expect you have grown to love them both, but it will be better in the long run.

I have contacted a rescue and they gave us some advice but to no avail, Pancakes is extremely territorial, Noctis is getting to the point of becoming withdrawn when he's around Pancakes, it's so horrible to see

I didn't mean for the rescue to give you advice, but for someone to actually 'do the bonding' for you :)

It can sometimes work where we find it hard to bond ourselves.

Alternatively as tonibun has said, a rescue may decide if they can't bond the rabbits that they can pair them up with suitable females whilst there?

I didn't mean for the rescue to give you advice, but for someone to actually 'do the bonding' for you :)

It can sometimes work where we find it hard to bond ourselves.

Alternatively as tonibun has said, a rescue may decide if they can't bond the rabbits that they can pair them up with suitable females whilst there?
I have just emailed my local rabbit rescue, hopefully they will help us out! I hate the idea having to give up on one of them...but if they have a happier life with a partner then I guess I'd have to go ahead with that decision :(

I have just emailed my local rabbit rescue, hopefully they will help us out! I hate the idea having to give up on one of them...but if they have a happier life with a partner then I guess I'd have to go ahead with that decision :(

Two males can live happily side by side, and maybe they will make it work for you :)

They would have to come home to a completely neutral space to make sure nothing triggers them off.

Hopefully you won't have to give one of them up!

Back