• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best place to get a rabbit from?

Ponymad21

Warren Scout
Where (apart from rescues) is the best place to get a rabbit from?

I don't want a baby and I want one that is already spayed/neutered

A lot of rescues won't let me have a rabbit because I have a terrier and a spaniel, even though both are fine with all animals, I can walk them through a flock of chickens!

have you had a look on rabbit rehomes search rabbits section, there maybe individuals who are looking to rehome their rabbits near you :wave:

have you had a look on rabbit rehomes search rabbits section, there maybe individuals who are looking to rehome their rabbits near you :wave:

I have but a lot of them are from this one rescue who are stupidly strict with their rehoming

There's some rescues on here you could try, have a look in the rehoming section. A lot rehome nationally, Honeybunnies rabbit and guinea pig rescue for one. I've adopted two rabbits from there, one when I lived at home with 3 terriers and then moved with 1 of the terriers and that was fine. And again when I have a different dog with no problems. If not pets at home support adoption some may already be spayed/neutered but most cases you'll get a voucher and have to do this yourself.

I have but a lot of them are from this one rescue who are stupidly strict with their rehoming

whereabout are you maybe someone may know of other recuse or private fosterers with rabbits looking for homes, my nan has had 2 terriers , yorkies and neither have bothered any of my rabbits in all the 20 years ive owned bunnies, with her second one I was worried during summer in letting him out when my bun was out at hers, but my bun just hopped over to the yorkie and nudged him and he never bothered, he had been used to travelling in car and seeing my bunny sat on my knee, and accepted he was a friend and not like a cat whome he would bark at to get out of garden and run after, they both get along so well, my nans first yorkie when we looked after her when she was on holiday, my two buns where in my room with me like always, but that night managed to opens the bedroom door where they went downstairs, I got up morning couldn't find them went downstairs and they where sat in front of the fire with the dog all cuddled up, I couldn't believe my eyes lol

I'm in Essex, a lot of places also won't rehome to me as my shed is only 6.5ft x 6ft, with a 9ft attached run

Dare I say it .. There are loads of lonely and needy buns on sites like Gumtree and Preloved :love:

My wee Princess is off Gumtree - although not a rescue, as I was the only interested party, a rescue would have been the next stop for her so I was pre-rescue as it were...

My wee Princess is off Gumtree - although not a rescue, as I was the only interested party, a rescue would have been the next stop for her so I was pre-rescue as it were...

A rescue bunny is just that in my eyes, whether they come from an official 'Rescue' or are unwanted by their owners.

You are cutting out the middle step of the rabbit (possibly) going to a rescue, and thereby saving rescue space, and a needy rabbit gets a home.

Win all round :)

A rescue bunny is just that in my eyes, whether they come from an official 'Rescue' or are unwanted by their owners.

You are cutting out the middle step of the rabbit (possibly) going to a rescue, and thereby saving rescue space, and a needy rabbit gets a home.

Win all round :)

I classed the two I got from preloved as rescues, one was extremely over weight and his friend had really bad urine scald, so bad he found it too painful to move

I'm in Essex, a lot of places also won't rehome to me as my shed is only 6.5ft x 6ft, with a 9ft attached run

I've raised money for a charity at Swanley just over the bridge. They have lots of rabbits and aren't strict like that. The bunnies aren't vaccinated so you would need to do that. They have lots of lovely black bunnies too which I think are super cute

Back